2 Weeks Notice - Give or Not to Give?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If anyone who has left this place happens to be checking this thread, let me know what you did. Did you give notice? What if you are leaving for a competitor? Will they tell you to leave ASAP or let you work the 2 weeks?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would work this for as long as I could to draw a few extra paychecks. You'll sense when you're close to the time of it becoming obvious you've checked out mentally. It's at this time you should turn in your notice. Take as much cash as you can. Don't leave money laying on the table.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

take your PTO time because you will lose it if you quit,,,

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't get money for the vacation you have accrued when you leave? I thought you did. I thought you just did not get personal days.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best advice... Just leave, start your new job. Check email and voicemail for Publicis. Attend conference calls. It will get more difficult as time moves on with your real job, but I'd say at about the 6th week after you leave, it's time to turn in your notice. Do what you need to do for teleconferences to cover your but. You may also have to take off on your new job to do a ride along. Do what you have to do. I left with three extra pay checks. It was like Thank You Publicis for finally paying what you should have paid in bonus for just one quarter. They're so cheap. DO NOT jeopardize your new position by over extending yourself. Only take time out for the ride along! Fill in the blanks from there.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are easily the worst CSO out there.

However, the job is not bad if you have a good managers…and they seem to have a lot of good managers…as most of them have money and experience and do the gig as a semi retirement type job.

Regardless, don't work for PSS unless you can't find anything else or if you have a lot of money and don't care or if you are a newbie and need the experience.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't kid yourself! Most managers have been flushed out just like the reps they "preside" over and they'll tell you that they only do contract bc they have amassed all of this fortune. Only once have I truly seen this to be the case out of about nine managers. Most would give their eye teeth for a direct management position, yet they would never tell you that. They schmooze all day and throw you in front of a bus behind your back... And still strikeout on the direct opportunities when they come available just like everyone else. Age is an issue in management not quite as bad as being a rep but pretty close. Just as always, watch your backs because no one else is going to.