Six Sigma ruined my life

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It also ruined the pipeline.

How on earth do you "Champions" think that you can measure and control minds with 10-15 years of post-secondary education? You cannot. They are unfathomable, and will succeed or fail depending on solely intrinsic motivations.

You killed your pipeline. The best scientists are at other companies which will remain unnamed.

Six sigma is a kindergartener's game, akin to musical chairs. Hey, let's have a "special room" where we can gather the smartest people in all of the rooms and brainstorm... give me a break. Give the investors a break. Give the shareholders a break. Give yourself a break.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny you should mention that. Many years ago, during "onboarding" I sat in on some obligatory training course with a pharmacology professor who apparently thought he could make a difference in "industry" - the looks on his face were incredulous - it was clear that he would not be around for very long. Very disappointed, with eyes searching around the table to see if anyone else was perceiving the veiled insult of lowest-common-denominator-training. Training that "dumbs it down" . Where would the pipeline have been if he stuck around? Who knows?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You wusses just don't know how to play the Lilly game. I've been here at Lilly less than 8 years and have easily progressed up the corporate ladder using Six Sigma. Once you have a black belt and know how to sell yourself, you can write your own ticket here. I've completed 6 green belt projects and 7 black belt projects. It's all about selling yourself and selling six sigma, which is easy given all the press it receives and the resources that are freely out there to help you sell. Who cares if the company benefits or not. As long as they are willing to buy your six sigma skills you can build your savings and your resume which only prepares you for that next job, which will eventually be outside of Lilly. Stop whining and start winning you bunch of panty waist losers. You need to build your own career and stop waiting for Lilly to do it for you. Don't give me all that crap about improving patient outcomes, clearly Lilly is also all about making money as is the example set by our leadership team.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the poster above, I hope you at least got a good amount of money for your soul. It's funny how you justify your own gains, while admitting that it really all is a sham. Your behavior is corrupting and bankrupting the country.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Six sigma is a joke. Nothing but more corporate speak and bullshit. It's no wonder our economy is in ruins.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Economy in ruins due to Six Sigma? Just what are your metrics?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The economy is in horrible shape because of president O, and those who voted for him. Don't blame anyone else.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SS Champion here.

You didn't answer my question.

What are your metrics?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've received a pretty penny so far, with much more to come. Lilly helps those who help themselves.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darn right you are. If you can't afford a seven bedroom house in Carmel, you just don't get it, do you? If you don't know how to manipulate metrics for your own personal gain, you just don't get it, do you? If you don't know how to manipulate everyone and everything you see because you did it for your family and your friends and your church, you just don't get it, do you? If you think we are here for reasons other than providing a 6% return to global investors, no matter what, you just don't get it, do you?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes... no matter what.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ask any grab of harvard biz school.. they will laugh in your face six sigma went out in the 80's! oh yeah- this is lilly- guess hbs doesn't have a clue....

13. SixStigmata

SixStigmata Guest

SixStigmata

"Praise To YOU, Mighty SixSigmatron, which Convey-eth the ƒœces of Our Minds Back and Forth Through Time, and To and Fro About The Multiverse and The Greater In'Dan'Aplis Metroplex...Amen"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, Six Sigma is a bad concept. It only happened to come out of Motorola, which only happened to have invented the cell phone. Yesiree, very bad concept.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you look at Motorola's performance in recent years, and the CEO's pay... well, it looks familiar.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One success over a 30 year span. Sounds about right. How many innovative companies use Six Sigma? Oh wait, it's only the dying dinosaurs that use Six Sigma in combination with FIPNET.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you should acknowledge Craig McGaw.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone obtained a yellow belt?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its so so true, there was an article I read last summer that told the real Six Sigma story, its amazing that big companies still use Six Sigma! Yeh the creative inventive Companies could care less about all the metrics BS!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a fraternity.