for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > CollaGenex
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Anonymous

Default Is Arestin kicking your ASS?

Well it's kicking mine in my area. Anyone encountering huge issues if so how are you dealing with it? I hate seeing their saab's, huge salaries and product lit everywhere....ARGHHHH.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Is Arestin kicking your ASS?

It's 12:50 in the afternoon.........maybe if you were out working you wouldn't be worried about why they are kicking your ass!
But.......CG isn't assisting us to build our business.......so we shouuld run away fast!
Old 05-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Anonymous

OP here...I'm on vacation thanks! That's why I'm online during the day this week.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Anonymous

Spending your vacation on this website--get a life.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

What's the cost of your product? Break it down. Biggest complaints and best feedback from customers? My dad is a DDS. I'm an Abbott rep and no he does not want a rep to come in.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
What's the cost of your product? Break it down. Biggest complaints and best feedback from customers? My dad is a DDS. I'm an Abbott rep and no he does not want a rep to come in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone Get the feeling that this is an Arestin rep? I dentist has a drug rep daughter or son that goes on cafepharma asking for a price breakdown for his dad. I call BS.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Anonymous

I agree...sounds fishy to me! We don't share that type of info!
Old 05-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Anonymous

hell i'll tell ya its not like that info is hard to get
1 box (six syringes) $312
3-5 boxes 250/box
6 or more boxes $206/box
cheaper for multiple sites than competitor
Old 05-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Anonymous

No. Ive worked for big pharma for a long time - I am thrilled to call on dentists!
For the person who thinks they are not being supported: GO WORK FOR BIG PHARMA, CALL ON PHYSICIANS. You'll be back.
For the person who complains that Arestin is kicking their ass: Most reps complain that other products are kicking their ass. The difference between a successful and an unsuccessful rep is attitude and work ethic. All products have competitors, whether real or perceived.
For both complainers: Atridox is simply a superior product, all the way around. You can't get a puffed powder down deep down in the pockets. And, Atridox saves the patient money plus, if the dentist could see the numbers, he/she would clearly see the profitability with Atridox. Dentists seem to want whatever is easier, even if it only saves them 60 seconds. What good is it to save time and compromise efficacy? That's just a couple of advantages. It's your job to show that.
Now, get out and make it work.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Anonymous

There are no head to head studies comparing efficacy. Where is this information coming from?
Old 05-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Anonymous

There's evidence that Atridox gets to the base of the pocket and Arestin doesn't? If Arestin isn't efficacious why does it have 90% of the market? Is it that they are just better reps?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Anonymous

Nope, they own the market because that is all they sell... which represents 100% of thier bonus. CGPI reps get crap for selling Atridox. If it was a commission based product it may actually get sold, but CGPI managment has no experience in anything like this, so they follow the mold. The mold seems to be failing. http://www.cafepharma.com/ubbthreads...s/confused.gif
Old 06-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Anonymous

be careful about bashing management look at Orapharma's leadership on the JNJ board.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
...You can't get a puffed powder down deep down in the pockets...

[/ QUOTE ]

This might just be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I never knew that depth correlated to product efficacy, and if it does, I've never seen the studies to prove that one product is superior to another in this regard. Hope that your great work ethic can overcome your lack of understanding of basic science!

I guess this is what happens when the home office leaves it up to us to come up with our own ideas for how to market Atridox...
Old 06-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Anonymous

You are the idiot if you think depth does not matter. Why then do some products improve pocket depth and others clinical attachment? You can only get clinical attachement by eradicating the gram negative, anerobic bacteria that is hard to find and hard to kill. Thus, depth matters. Go back to your training manual.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Anonymous

It is call clinical attachment gain. If the medication does not eliminate the bacteria at the base of the pocket, attachment will not occur. Atridox is the only LAA to have proven attachment gain, read the studies! This alone makes it superior.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Anonymous

It is called clinical attachment gain. If the medication does not eliminate the bacteria at the base of the pocket, attachment will not occur. Atridox is the only LAA to have proven attachment gain, read the studies! This alone makes it superior.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Anonymous

Don't both products result in improved pocket depth reduction? And you can't have improvements in pocket depth reduction without gains in clinical attachment since these two paramaters are related, right? It is easy to see then that Arestin must also result in gains in clinical attachment (which is exactly what dentists have pointed out to me).

And regarding our claim that 'Atridox gets deeper in the pocket so it must be better at killing the bad bacteria'--isn't a pocket a single, continuous space? If it isn't then how are we able to measure the concentration of Atridox within the pocket (follow your own advice and check the training binder); in the PI we talk about the levels of doxy in the pocket but don't specify if this concentration is in the bottom, middle, or top of the pocket. So does it really matter? Again, a DDS explained this to me by saying, "Picture a pocket like a glass of water, whatever you put in there ends up getting distributed throughout the entire pocket eventually."

Look, I'm sure that you hear these same objections from your docs and I'm just very frustrated b/c when I trot these answers out that aren't supported by good science, I lose credibility--and HQ doesn't seem to have the answers either.

...and yes, I am getting my ass kicked.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Anonymous

while pocket depth and clinical attachment gain are often related you can get pocket depth reduction with out attachment gain. hygenist and gd measure pd. if you have red swollen gums the pocket can appear deeper than it actually is and conversly if them gums are not swollen but you have attacment loss you can appear to have very small pockets therefore technically clinical attachment level is more important than pocket depth. if that doesn't make sense you need to have some one explain it to you in person because it is important especially because atridox is the only laa with the attachment level gain indication. how sad is this that i understand and can explain this and i was one of the ones laid off, while some who clearly don't get it are still working for collagenex. and I know people will respond after this about why do i care and why am i on the board but i have to admit i am a little addicted to reading all the crazy posts (yes I know it is sad lol) good luck all
Old 06-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Anonymous

I know you can have minimal pocket depth reduction w/o attachment gain in cases where you have pseudopocketing. Again, in the long term, the two parameters are related and you can't have one without the other.

So I do 'get it,' but my customers don't seem to. When they ask why or how Atridox shows clinical attachment level gains but PerioChip or Arestin do not, I tell them b/c our product gets deeper in the pocket. That is when I got the "pocket is like a glass of water, whatever you put in eventually gets distributed throughout" explanation from that smarmy dentist.

Is there any other reason then that Atridox causes gain in CAL but the competition does not?
Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Anonymous

In the PI for Arestin under microbiology it says that minocycline is effective against perio pathogens. But...It also says that Arestin does not have any effect on the quality or quantity of bacteria in the pocket. The answer is there's not enough drug to effect the bacteria in a biofilm. 1 mg vs. 50 mg. You may get an antiinflammatory effect which will reduce the gingival inflammation temporarily. That's why they had to use it at baseline, 3mo and 6 mo. Up to 121 unit dose cartridges! At a minimum of $10 per carpule, perio surgery would probably be less costly. The best selling tool against Arestin is their own PI.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Anonymous

[quote]
In the PI for Arestin under microbiology it says that minocycline is effective against perio pathogens. But...It also says that Arestin does not have any effect on the quality or quantity of bacteria in the pocket. The answer is there's not enough drug to effect the bacteria in a biofilm. 1 mg vs. 50 mg. You may get an antiinflammatory effect which will reduce the gingival inflammation temporarily. That's why they had to use it at baseline, 3mo and 6 mo. Up to 121 unit dose cartridges! At a minimum of $10 per carpule, perio surgery would probably be less costly. The best selling tool against Arestin is their own PI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this will be helpful in OraPharma's new training manual
Old 06-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Anonymous

Yeah, and I'm sure you will play a big role in it's development.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Anonymous

you guys sound so stupid. the bottom line is that they are both the same friggin thing. They are probably both equally effective. It comes down to getting these idiots ( dentist and RDH's) to actually start treating this disease effectively. The lack of common sense within this medical field is pathetic. Both drugs work equally well. The big problem is getting them to use something, anything that will kill the bacteria.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
you guys sound so stupid. the bottom line is that they are both the same friggin thing. They are probably both equally effective. It comes down to getting these idiots ( dentist and RDH's) to actually start treating this disease effectively. The lack of common sense within this medical field is pathetic. Both drugs work equally well. The big problem is getting them to use something, anything that will kill the bacteria.

[/ QUOTE ]Finally, some perspective! Thanks for articulating exactly what I was thinking.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Anonymous

You must have had poor training! Let me say that I think Orapharm management are a bunch of low-life scum balls. I want to make that clear. Second, I am NOT in the industry nor do I have any ties. I do, however, have research experience, and went to dental school. Let me ask you a question; how much Atridox (EXACT numbers please) is in the pocket after administration? Well, you can't answer that question because there is NO answer. I can answer it with Arestin; 1mg. As for Atridox, the product leaks all over the mouth, you do not know how much is in the pocket. As a person in the scientific arena, products that cannot approximate a respectable consistant dosage between patients are a joke. Not to mention that if you do not have a consistant dosage, and expose bacteria to a poor molecule which is in a bad delivery system, you get this little problem call bacterial resistance. As to why you guys are losing out to Orapharma, they recruit that best superstars from the hottest companies in game. The vast majority of us in the dental field have not been visited by such sharp talent in the past. Your only saving grace is that the management of Orapharma are one step about Satan when comes to ethics. If you are smart you will use that to your advantage. SELL YOURSELVES! I have encounterd reps who have come to us with superior products, but if I don't like their corporate culture I'll buy the inferior product provided that the clinical significance is comparable, and I the rep is a likeable person.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Anonymous

You must have had poor training! Let me say that I think Orapharm management are a bunch of low-life scum balls. I want to make that clear. Second, I am NOT in the industry nor do I have any ties. I do, however, have research experience, and went to dental school. Let me ask you a question; how much Atridox (EXACT numbers please) is in the pocket after administration? Well, you can't answer that question because there is NO answer. I can answer it with Arestin; 1mg. As for Atridox, the product leaks all over the mouth, you do not know how much is in the pocket. As a person in the scientific arena, products that cannot approximate a respectable consistant dosage between patients are a joke. Not to mention that if you do not have a consistant dosage, and expose bacteria to a poor molecule which is in a bad delivery system, you get this little problem call bacterial resistance. As to why you guys are losing out to Orapharma, they recruit that best superstars from the hottest companies in game. The vast majority of us in the dental field have not been visited by such sharp talent in the past. Your only saving grace is that the management of Orapharma are one step about Satan when comes to ethics. If you are smart you will use that to your advantage. SELL YOURSELVES! I have encounterd reps who have come to us with superior products, but if I don't like their corporate culture I'll buy the inferior product provided that the clinical significance is comparable, and the rep is a likeable person.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
You must have had poor training! Let me say that I think Orapharm management are a bunch of low-life scum balls. I want to make that clear. Second, I am NOT in the industry nor do I have any ties. I do, however, have research experience, and went to dental school. Let me ask you a question; how much Atridox (EXACT numbers please) is in the pocket after administration? Well, you can't answer that question because there is NO answer. I can answer it with Arestin; 1mg. As for Atridox, the product leaks all over the mouth, you do not know how much is in the pocket. As a person in the scientific arena, products that cannot approximate a respectable consistant dosage between patients are a joke. Not to mention that if you do not have a consistant dosage, and expose bacteria to a poor molecule which is in a bad delivery system, you get this little problem call bacterial resistance. As to why you guys are losing out to Orapharma, they recruit that best superstars from the hottest companies in game. The vast majority of us in the dental field have not been visited by such sharp talent in the past. Your only saving grace is that the management of Orapharma are one step about Satan when comes to ethics. If you are smart you will use that to your advantage. SELL YOURSELVES! I have encounterd reps who have come to us with superior products, but if I don't like their corporate culture I'll buy the inferior product provided that the clinical significance is comparable, and the rep is a likeable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are an ass.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Anonymous

Are you Beavis or Butthead?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Anonymous

Oh those are mature answers. That's exactly why Orapharma has their foot up your ass sideways. Is that what you tell your customers when they confront you with an Arestin obstacle? You must be those people who sold copier machines or windows before this gig. I know this is hard for you to understand but try using the little scientific training that you hopefully recieved from your company. You think I'm an ass? Well ok. At least I not taking it in the ass from those Orapharma guys! You better have an answer for that question BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE ORAPHARMA REPS ARE TELLING US. And you know what? IT MAKES SENSE. So you better come up with an answer, or continue to watch market share DROP.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Anonymous

I work for Ora. Beleive me when I tell you that the field reps don't even talk about periochip or atridox, or even periostat. We are very focused on a few select customers and get a MASSIVE amount of business from them. Then we have the rest of our cutomers. Our biggest challenge is getting the lazy dental community to actually probe and chart. Our message has been consistent from the start and we focus on 1 product (but not for too much longer). The reps are pressured and it shows. Our turrn over is nuts and our goals are out of sight. I can't beleive you guys don't have better market penetration. The Collagenex rep that I compete against is very good, but she hardly gets any business in either product.
But the real issue is not with either product, but a lazy, apathetic, no business sense profession that we deal with. It amazes me how dentist will hand over a good portion of their business over to a GED office manager or to an RDH that "does not want to sell or be production oriented". If I could start over I would become a dentist or a dental consultant and show these idiots how to improve a patients health and make money at it.
I can't wait to go back to medical sales-into a real specialty
Old 08-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
Oh those are mature answers. That's exactly why Orapharma has their foot up your ass sideways. Is that what you tell your customers when they confront you with an Arestin obstacle? You must be those people who sold copier machines or windows before this gig. I know this is hard for you to understand but try using the little scientific training that you hopefully recieved from your company. You think I'm an ass? Well ok. At least I not taking it in the ass from those Orapharma guys! You better have an answer for that question BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE ORAPHARMA REPS ARE TELLING US. And you know what? IT MAKES SENSE. So you better come up with an answer, or continue to watch market share DROP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hate OraPharma so much why do you speak for them? It's obvious exactly who this is!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Anonymous

This post is so true. The dental community and their lack of diagnostic skills and professionalism is so damn embarrassing and unbelievable. Did these people really go to college? Christ, they are no better than mechanics and should have gone to trade school. I hate them.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
This post is so true. The dental community and their lack of diagnostic skills and professionalism is so damn embarrassing and unbelievable. Did these people really go to college? Christ, they are no better than mechanics and should have gone to trade school. I hate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least we have derms...
Old 08-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
[quote]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hate OraPharma so much why do you speak for them? It's obvious exactly who this is!

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for OraP, but I am not the guy who wrote about the clinical stuff and the reasearch stuff. Actually I am in the middle of interviewing with another company. Looks like its going to happen, and I can't wait to get out. I had enough of Dentistry!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Anonymous

Unbelievable....I am the guy who wrote the "scientific stuff". Believe it or not, some dental pro's do have half a brain even though we get squat for business training in school. If you go back and read, you will find that I was actually trying to give some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. You have to know what you are up against! I happen to like your company; very nice people, but a fact is a fact. You have been beat out by a VERY high level, polished, experienced sales force with a great product. I have friends who are physicians, and I can tell you this, as dental pro's we have NEVER encountered sales pro's like this. That is why they complain about us as customers. Quite frankly, many of us are flat out confused by what point they are trying make. But they are very very sharp. I heard they come from major companies who have been calling on physicians for years. I dare say that you people have never encountered competition like them either. Its very clear, so lets stop playing games. Earlier, an Orapharm rep said they don't even talk about the other products like atridox. YOU SHOULD BE OFFENDED!!! As a sales person they are telling that you aren't even a threat. Look, I am done here. This is silly. I can't believe you people. I can only assume that your hardcore stars do not frequent this site. I only found out about it a couple of days ago, and was shocked at the lack of "fire" in this thread. For those of you who still have some "fight" left in you, Orapharma's field force is down by almost half due to mis-management (check their theads). If they have made your customers "believe" they have a better product, then find another angle. That's why I suggested to sell yourselves! I have only had great contact with a few of you at conferences; and people seem to like your company. Read some history; I have seen so-called "inferior products" (I'm only talking about PERCEPTION here) do better just based on the person selling it!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Anonymous

I work here, I have also called on so-called REAL MD's and also on corporate business accounts selling another product. I do believe for one moment that Arestin reps are better than the majority of CGPI reps. I do not believe that dentists are less intelligent than Md's either. I called on idiots who were MD's; clinically brillant but no common sense and no people-skills. Your "constructive criticsm" is useless. If you don't understand studies & results versus "cheapest" & "easiest" then it is your patients that are suffering. Keep your marketing ideas to yourself.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Anonymous

Ah come on--this isn't pharma sales! This isn't about who brings in the better lunch, so you like one rep vs another. This is clearly about which product is a better fit for the practice(defined however you want since there are no clinical trials head to head)

BTW-you may want to recheck the data before you quote anything that marketing may have dictated to you. (Arestin's secondary endpoint included CAL (gain)--its not in the PI but if you request the full study you'll see it. while you are at, see if you can find the study where Arestin grows bone---its out there.
PS-I've worked for both companies
Old 08-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Anonymous

Howdy. I am a specialty rep with a pharm company. I was following this thread and well, in regards to the last couple of posts....Thats all very nice. Feel better now? Good. Now, while you 2 are flapping your lips, lets take a look at ahhh....whats that little thing called......oh yeah....MARKET SHARE!!! Your boss, Wallstreet, Finanaical Analysts, investors, and ummm..oh yea your CUSTOMERS don't give a rip-roaring SH*T about "whaaa...Orap's reps aren't better than us.." and "Waaaahhh...boohoo...the PI says this....." IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PI SAYS UNLESS YOUR BROKE-ASS IN IN FRONT OF CUSTOMER, AND YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK THAT ACCOUNT AND CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE! Its obvious that at the very least YOUR territories HAVE to be crappy!!! Maybe you're right...it is not pharma sales for YOU...but I'll tell you this..IT IS FOR YOUR COMPETITOR. So when it comes to your management WHO GIVES A SQUAT WHAT U "THINK" IT IS???!!! This is business ass-wipe!!!! Example: Zestril & Prinivil-EXACT same molecule. Competitors? Merck and Astra. Try dealing with that. You 2 wimps wouldn't last 2 days! But oh...oh...oh...blame it on the CUSTOMER! Its your job to MAKE the customer understand, its your job to HOLD their hands, and PUSH THE RIGHT BUTTON. In the REAL WORLD the BUTTON isn't always based on the PI! Good or bad sometimes your sale is dependent on what TEE-TIME you can get for the customer!!! Don't like it? Go work in construction or something!!! Based on your responses, that guy who said you were getting you butts kicked my orapharma HAS to be true!!! You (and I mean specifically the last 2 posters; not all of you..) AREN'T sales people! Why don't take pottery or something? I've seen better attitudes from Wal-Mart sales people! You really need to find something else to do! Punk-ASS wimps!!! So sit around, bitch all you wanna...SALES NUMBER ARE SALES NUMBERS...!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Anonymous

AMEN!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
Howdy. I am a specialty rep with a pharm company. I was following this thread and well, in regards to the last couple of posts....Thats all very nice. Feel better now? Good. Now, while you 2 are flapping your lips, lets take a look at ahhh....whats that little thing called......oh yeah....MARKET SHARE!!! Your boss, Wallstreet, Finanaical Analysts, investors, and ummm..oh yea your CUSTOMERS don't give a rip-roaring SH*T about "whaaa...Orap's reps aren't better than us.." and "Waaaahhh...boohoo...the PI says this....." IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PI SAYS UNLESS YOUR BROKE-ASS IN IN FRONT OF CUSTOMER, AND YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK THAT ACCOUNT AND CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE! Its obvious that at the very least YOUR territories HAVE to be crappy!!! Maybe you're right...it is not pharma sales for YOU...but I'll tell you this..IT IS FOR YOUR COMPETITOR. So when it comes to your management WHO GIVES A SQUAT WHAT U "THINK" IT IS???!!! This is business ass-wipe!!!! Example: Zestril & Prinivil-EXACT same molecule. Competitors? Merck and Astra. Try dealing with that. You 2 wimps wouldn't last 2 days! But oh...oh...oh...blame it on the CUSTOMER! Its your job to MAKE the customer understand, its your job to HOLD their hands, and PUSH THE RIGHT BUTTON. In the REAL WORLD the BUTTON isn't always based on the PI! Good or bad sometimes your sale is dependent on what TEE-TIME you can get for the customer!!! Don't like it? Go work in construction or something!!! Based on your responses, that guy who said you were getting you butts kicked my orapharma HAS to be true!!! You (and I mean specifically the last 2 posters; not all of you..) AREN'T sales people! Why don't take pottery or something? I've seen better attitudes from Wal-Mart sales people! You really need to find something else to do! Punk-ASS wimps!!! So sit around, bitch all you wanna...SALES NUMBER ARE SALES NUMBERS...!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you have never called on dentists and hygienists. Dumbest, laziest, most apathetic individuals on earth. It is shameful how they have NO understanding of diseases and pharmacology. Drill, fill, and scrape is all know how to do. I used to work for the company and am now in a specialty postion elsewhere. I would work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's before I would call on them again.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
Ah come on--this isn't pharma sales! This isn't about who brings in the better lunch, so you like one rep vs another. This is clearly about which product is a better fit for the practice(defined however you want since there are no clinical trials head to head)

And if you're who I think this is, you're the first one to say that the relationship IS everything. The bottom line is, the dentists can buy as much of this as they want, but if they won't put it in the patients' mouths then everybody loses. Dude, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. And all the RDHs want to do is go home. They certainly don't want to have to deal with this either.

BTW-you may want to recheck the data before you quote anything that marketing may have dictated to you. (Arestin's secondary endpoint included CAL (gain)--its not in the PI but if you request the full study you'll see it. while you are at, see if you can find the study where Arestin grows bone---its out there.
PS-I've worked for both companies

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Anonymous

For everyone that is dumping on the dental industry - go ahead and work in the medical pharma industry and find out why 90% of pharma reps are looking for another career. At least we get face time and can influence our customers. BTW, whoever posted the fact that orapharma reps are the cream of the crop is absolutely high - do not see it that way in my territory - making cash on both products. The bottom line in any type of sales job is to be an asset - know your shit and bring value.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Anonymous

You can actually get some quality time in derm, believe it or not. Derm's are all about relationships and access is fairly decent. It's still on the medical side and you have to deal with more lunches, dinners, etc. but you do get some selling time and can have good conversations once you get to know the doctor. Having sold to both, I'd sell to derm's any day of the week. I wouldn't necessarily say that about other areas, however, especially primary care. But the medical side still does have some great areas to work in, for the time being at least.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Anonymous

you are soooo full of yourself
Old 08-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Anonymous

You morons are unbelievable. For your info I've called on dentists, RHD's AND physicians. You people are the reason why capital and medical equipment people think the way do about pharm reps. In the context or our sales realm, SALES IS SALES. You couldn't sell a fresh side of beef to great white shark! Want to call me on that? From your answers I am 100% sure your numbers SUCK! NO real pro says "you haven't sold to dentists whaaaayyyy....you don't know what its like booohooo.." I have more than a decade of experience in med sales, so shut your yapper ALICE!
Old 08-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Anonymous

KISS MY HAIRY ASS. yes sales is sales, and I have been selling for 15 years now. Just about everything you can imaging from straight commision to pharma. Dental sales is by far the strangest. These guys are not business people. The diffuculty is not opening the account, it is getting them to "sell" their products and services to the patients. That is where the ball gets dropped. I can open up a ton of new accounts in the course of a month. The difficult part is to get them to re-order. And before you give me any shit that they are not "sold on it" they are slapping down a credit card for $900-4,000 bill of goods. This does not happen as a courtesy this happens because you sold them. Unfortunately, it takes them 1 year to go through the product to re-order. Believe me, dentistry SUCKS. I am glad to be getting the hell out of it and back into specialty and PCP.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Anonymous

[quote]
you are soooo full of yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really. It is possible to be able to establish good relationships with some doctors and be able to get time with them once you have been calling on them on a frequent basis. Maybe you should try it sometime. Loser.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Anonymous

Wow...ya'll are pretty harsh on the dental community. As a dental hygienest (and hygiene instructor) I find this webisite to be somewhat disheartening. I am constantly striving to learn and teach all of the newest and latest means of treating the variety of oral conditions we are faced with everyday while you are busy bashing one another and my profession. Just like with any scientifically based profession there are advancements, updates, revisions, etc to previous ways of thinking. Dental and hygiene education is evolving with the advancements of science. Have a little respect for those who have not quite caught up yet and may not understand or appreciate the new technology. There is no need to generalize us as "lazy" or "apathetic" because the majority of us truly care about our patients and want to do what is best for them. As far as "selling" a product to a patient, there are several factors to consider....What did it take to get the patient into your chair? So many people are terrified of the dentist so a vist to one is no tlike a regular checkup with your MD. So, when these types of people (and belive me there are many) do make it to the chair, what is the expense? Many people do not have the financial means to treat their periodontal condition in the "ideal" fashion. This is why we have informed consent. The patient makes the choice after we have given them their options and the cost involved. With that we have to do the best we can to help them. I think you all have really missed the boat here....I think that providing your customers with good quality information and presenting that information professionally and pleasantly will get you farther than you think. Calling us names and challenging our intelligence doesn't strike me as the best sales technique. Many years ago I left the mortgage business to become an RDH, I hoped to get away from the "cut throat" mentality of that business. I am sad that I have found that same mentality on this site.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Anonymous

I can appreciate your post, however keep in mind this site is used by disgruntle past and current employees as a playground to bash! Most of respect you and your profession because without you all there wouldn't be a need for us. So please be mindful of the childish games that some play on this site and just for the record they do it hoping to get a rise from others and to just start crap. Thanks for your thoughts and know that we do care!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: