Major layoff notice coming June 23rd

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2015 at 10:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Downsizing to start at HO. Project "Armada" initiated about 18 months ago, three phases including consolidation of Ft. Lee and Marlborough operations, elimination of redundancies between Japan and US operations, and headcount reduction of approximately 35%.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AWESOME! My birthday in June 23rd. Maybe I'll get a package and be rid of this horrible company. Will we in the field be fortunate enough to be part of this major downsizing? Do tell.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I smell BS here. While I don't disagree that there probably has been some planning in the works for some time now, and maybe this is under some silly codename as you mentioned, there is no need for a mass layoff. Look around you- based on attrition rate alone, they are achieving the headcount reduction they desire. Why do a layoff with severance payments and other associated costs when people are essentially laying themselves off for free?

Maybe 6 months ago or longer there was some grand scheme to do this- but simple math tells you that the headcount reduction has been achieved with no action on their part. So I seriously doubt anything is happening on June 23rd

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This idiot tries this bullshit every 6 months or so. It's really a disturbed person that gets gratification from trying to make others anxious and unhappy. It's a sad existence.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While not widespread, there will be changes in certain divisions and at corporate. Latuda won't have any changes as they will be busy back filling all the recent vacancies. I think managed markets will have some changes for sure. Heard mid to late June as well.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a load of BS. There is an All Hands Meeting for all corporate employees on June 18 in boston. No way they have this meeting, then start layoffs the next week. Doesn't add up...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corp changes beforehand. Field changes following. DSP reorg continuing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is BS, don't believe it. 23rd will come and go with no changes.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS!! No way 35% of sunovion getting the pink slip on June 23. This is a false statement. No corporate changes will happen before All Hands Meeting.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is BS; this is right in the window of annual performance evals-congratulations; you received an Exceeds Expectations; btw-you're being severed. June 23 will come & go & not Ing will happen.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is BS? B Sippycup? Cuts coming including BS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, do I remember the All Hands Meeting in December of 2008 when they DID, in fact, announce downsizing in 1st quarter of 2009... and YES, it DID happen! Major layoff in February 2009... So don't be surprised if they do announce some merging, etc.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different company dilbag

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only comment that is not realistic in the original post is the 35% reduction in workforce. That's not accurate, but everything else is, especially code name "Armada". June 12 is bonus time for home office. DSP would not keep everyone around for bonuses, them get rid of them. That doesn't seem to make sense.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we had an All Hands meeting just 3.5 weeks before the fateful call to the entire Summit team only a few days before Christmas informing them they were all terminated.

Let's not forget that one. I lost a lot of good friends on that Layoff/Downsizing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place rocks. I've hardly averaged 30 hrs per week in Corporate, will get by bonus and retro pay raise at the end of next week, and get to look forward to a package the following week? What is there not to like? Gives me the summer to look for another gig and get paid for doing so.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more aptly named Project Hiroshima

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hah, hah! I almost fell of my chair. That's right- it's time for payback, baby! You guys dropped the Fat Boy, we'll drop a bunch of pink slips on all you round eye bastards.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We might as well start saying our goodbye's to a couple ASD's on the Brovana side, 2 corporate AD's on the Brovana side and 1 National sales dorector. Sorry guys but we couldnt save you after you have failed to grow the business, failed to improve access and we wont discuss the whole hospital division you had to have. Your salaries are way to high for what you produce. We tried.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope this doesn't interfere with my 7-4 shin dig. I'm flying in the Ohio St marching band for this one. They are going to let me dot the i. The cheerleaders will be flying in a few days early(at their request), no biggie, I have plenty of room for them to stay with me. Besides, they said they need more time to check out my moves. I'm going to have a 20 foot screen in the back yard to show the HS game films. The cops are going to patrol free of charge to keep the paparazzi away. I don't need any leaked photos ending up in the tabloids.