Managed Care Team Major Realignment

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's your take on the massive realignment and downsizing to the managed care senior leadership team today? 3 out of 5 of the senior leadership team severed! ST, CR and PB all let go and a hastily called conference call with less than an hours notice given to all the managed care division to announce the layoffs. Those people are shell shocked. 3 of the 5 area directors cut just like that. The Regional Account directors see the writing on the wall with them going down to only 2 Area Directors for the entire country the Regional managed care directors see what is rolling down on them.

This was one of the best kept lay off secrets of my time at Sunovion.

I guess that means we won't be getting any help in getting better formulary status for Aptiom in the near future.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard about it from the lady who is my Regional Account Director. The conference call was at 5 pm eastern time and it was short and quick. It was announced to them that the majority of their managers were severed with their last day of work being Friday. That was it. Game over.

I can see why they are worried. You don't lose that many of your managers without some additional cuts to your rank and file account team soon to follow.

I'm afraid this is just the beginning of the cuts to come.

Good luck to everyone. This place is nuts.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did this really happen?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes sir! ST, CR and PB all downsized yesterday.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which CR?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Male

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We had a managed care team?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If true that is shocking (as shocking as things can be at Sun); is the best dude and guided the company through many hard times with poise and confidence, one of the few who was an expert at his job

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first step and reduction of many to come. Once you start getting rid of managed care personnel, there is no one to negotiate contracts (although no one was doing that anyway) and managed care suffers. Sales follows close behind especially on the Aptiom side where there is already terrible managed care coverage.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uhhummm ADs don't negotiate contracts, that's a home office function

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ADs do conf calls and email spreadsheets and power points. A monkey can do that job

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the downsizing in managed markets was swift and came out of the blue. Usually at that level they people getting cut are given a heads up and found potential other positions in the company. I heard they were informed about 2 hours before the group call to all managed markets to announce the cuts and downsizing.

Good luck to those loyal and dedicated employees who were severed. Our hearts go out to you all.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and still there will be people who will say that:

everything here is great and the problems are minor
    the people that got cut were underperformers
    we did not need ADs

These are the people who live in denial and will be surprised when the same thing happens to them. Remember Sunovion values you and we have a bright future. you are an important part, of our future right up to the day that you are not.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, these Managed Markets leaders were nicely compensated on their way out the door. They were happy to take it and move on from this dismal wreck of an organization. If only we all could be so lucky to get their type of package, but we all know at sales rep levels layoffs will only compensate a few mos. If you have other opportunities in the hopper, I'd seriously consider those now. Don't wait for a severence. Bird in hand!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PB still worked here? What took them so long to get rid of him. Every meeting he stood in front of us and made promises and then never answered to any of the promises. Would like to say I am sorry to here but he has been on a severence ever since he let pitts go. Hopefully he took his booster seat with him.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does BD still work here? Where was he during the call? Where was he during FLT? Sales ride? Does he not view himself as leadership? Is he not facing the fact that he just let go of three top people and going back to the same structure that was in place before he changed it.

He has driven so many people out of Managed Markets field. We are all going to leave. Who knows what he is doing inside of corporate.

What a dud.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you dont know much when it comes to evaluating talent if you think the "top 3" people let go is a loss. They spent more time running the hallways and sitting in other peoples offices than actually doing any work. The company just became more profitable.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can all look forward to when you get the phone call on a few hours notice and are let go. then we can have your coworkers go on Cafe Pharma and say that it is no loss as you hardly worked anyway. The big picture is that 3 positions were eliminated.

As far as being more profitable, DSP stock is down 30-40% this year so there are no profits.

Continue to defend Sunovion for every layoff, bad launch, lack of pipeline, bad hiring decision. When your time comes, and it will, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you hung in there despite all the evidence that you should have left and a maybe 90 day severance.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the best to those three, great people. Leadership has no strategy.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on what type of severance packages they received?