Excited about SUN-101

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excited about this product. We have life beyond latuda!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, TL and DF have been talking it up, so it must be good.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we recently saw how proficient Sunovion is in launch of Aptiom. Years to prepare for the launch and Brad Sippy at the helm. The drug launched with nightmarish managed care coverage. Well, there was no managed care coverage. Sunovion stupidly refused to contract.

The drug also launched with no messaging. At first Aptiom is a new chemical entity and is unique. After the launch tanked, we were told to ask for Trileptal failures and in place of Trileptal for other patients. Physicians were confused by the mixed messaging.

Physicians also did not buy into the drug.

Sunovion also did not work with any prominent physicians or thought leaders prior to the launch. Major epilepsy centers were ignored right up to the launch. Many participated in the clinical trials then never heard from Sunovion.

100% of resources were spent on very few locations afer the launch. Hundreds of thousands spent on NYU.

Very weak district managers and many hired with no launch, disease state or management experience.

Launching the drug like it is 1985 with speaker programs. almost no one goes to programs anymore. Every tactic used has been played out. no new ideas.

yes, I am very excited about SUN-101, almost any other company would launch it successfully. On a positive note, Sippy has been promoted so the damage that he can do is on a more corporate level.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also excited. We have such a strong franchise in respiratory--Alvesco, Omnaris, Brovana--blockbusters all! I think it is wonderful to enter the vastly underserved COPD market. Maybe we can also sell the nebulizers that are needed to use it as well.

Too bad the old Xopenex salespeople have virtually disappeared from this company. They had it easy. They only had an isomer of generic albuterol to sell at 5 times the price. They only generated $600 million a year in revenue. I know that by working together our marketing, contract, management, and sales force will blow that number out of the water in no time!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excited about respiratory, really??? I take it you are one of the new recruits.

Five points to consider:

1- Total revenue for Sunovion respiratory products have been dropping like a rock since Xopenex went generic, down $220 million in 3 years.

2- Brovana is going generic Nov 12, 2016, about 20 months from today. It's annual growth rate of 9.0% is nothing to get excited about even if we are able to hold off generics until 2018.

3- Ciclesonide (Omnaris, Alveso, Zetonna) have never pulled in more than 81 million in one year, not even enough to break even on sales force and advertising costs.

4- SUN-101 is just like any other respiratory product...very expensive cost of goods COGS and huge upfront $430 million payment to Elevation Pharma. Remember the Nycomed deal? Those who have been here long enough remember Sepracor paid $430 million for those crap products Alvesco, Omnaris and Zetonna back in 2008 and the revenue from 2008 to 2015 still hasn't covered the original acquisition cost. SUN-101 will probably go down the exact same path.

5- Total Sunovion respiratory revenue is barely breaking $300 million a year across all product lines, and 70% of this comes from Brovana which will be dead in less than 2 years thanks to generics. Even if SUN-101 is successful, it will need to plug the $200 million revenue gap left by generic Brovana in 2016 / 2017.

Sunovion revenue from respiratory (figures in Millions $ USD):

Product________FY2012______FY2013______FY2014
    Ciclesonide_______67__________81__________54
    Xopenex_________317_________121_________62
    Brovana_________160_________168_________207
    Total____________544_________370_________323

Nothing to get excited about here... SUN-101 was acquired to provide damage control for a rapidly dying respiratory franchise - there was never any intention of growing our corporate revenue or growing the business in any way.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Sunovion the company of ifs and maybes.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interested to know where you're getting Brovana generic in 2016 from?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brovana's patent isn't up until something like 2023. I'm not saying it's doing well, I'm just calling out the liar.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of the above is correct, I am an insider and your information is not correct!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just hope SUN-101 will do as well as Aptiom.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your kidding, right? It's a crap drug with antiquated out of date deliver technology that will inhibit it from ever being used. It's just another "illusion" drug to keep the Japanese from chopping and turning out the lights.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But I totally trust and believe everything that DF our new chief commercial officer says. The man is brilliant.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and no one cares, at the national meeting ask why, in spite of this drug and the Aptiom launch DSP stock dropped 33% in the past year and is now rated and "underperform" or "sell" by Reuters and other financial analysts.

Lets have a real meeting with facts, planning. Ok will never happen, so enjoy the sushi, music, group dinners etc. Practice smiling like a fool, agree that everything is great and pursue the many better opportunities in the job market.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get the sarcasm but the sad thing is that there are always some peope at every company who completely buy in and believe everything that they are spoon fed. you will see them at the national meeting. Those employees are the most surprised when the layoffs come.

This company has a history of layoffs in far better times than now. Remember they need you to sell the drug right up to the day that they do not. Severance packages ae not what they were 3-5 years ago. you may get 90 days, big deal.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, so Latuda and Sunovion are the reasons the stock dropped 33%? F'n dumbass.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90 Days?! Not even close. Ask the Brovana hospital peeps that were let go. 10 Weeks!! That's all you get now. RBM's get like 14 weeks. The days of waiting to get a package here are over.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you read? I referenced the failed Aptiom launch. Latuda makes money. Try reading the posts before you start the name calling.

At the national meeting there are slides showing the percent of DSP business that Sunovion makes up. The Sepracor purchase was a huge failure for DSP

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure $1billion per year in Latuda sales for next 4 years does not constitute a failure dipshit

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calling people a dipshit, dumbass. what grade are you in? Thanks for those insightful comments. They are everything that is wrong with Cafe Pharma. If you do not change your poor attitude, you will never make it past your next interview.

Yes, Latuda has been profitable. The only issue with Latuda is tht many good reps and managers are leaving. Unfortunately, the Aptiom launch has been a failure. Overall Sunovion is failing and this adversely affects DSP profitability and stock causing it to drop 33% jn the last year.