Sunovion or Sanofi?

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I got 2 offers from both on table. Sunovion offering 4k more in base but looks as though Sanofi gig will pay more bonus. Any insights on which is the better job?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sunovion offers more because they have to. With inferior drugs, no pipeline and a history of layoffs most people avoid Sepracor/Sunovion. Latuda will be going generic ina couple of years. Layoffs will begin one year prior. The Aptiom launch has been a disaster.

While the base salaryis seemingly always higher at Sunovion, bonuses are less. Goals are rediculous. Ask anyone about the bucket. While numbers are always questionable in pharma,they are usually wrong here. Try getting your goals with 5 days left in the quarter.

most reps at Sunovion were not given the proper info in the interview process. ie Aptiom is not a Sunovion drug. It is licensed to Sunovion. Most reps and corp employees looking to leave.

This would be like buying a ticket on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No question that Sanofi would be better for you even at 4k less. The above post is spot on, this place is circling the drain! Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, but we have the G-man and he will turn things around. Look up HERO in the dictionary and you will see his picture! The Latuda ASD team is likely the best in the industry. Or course, none of this applies to Aptiom.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes many good reps on the Latuda side. Unfortunately, they are not being compensated in line with their talent and production. The bonuses have been a joke.

The money spent marketing Latuda has been significant esp. the direct to consumer and it cutsi into profits for Latuda.

ASDs leaving Sunovion and reps leaving for any opportunity.

As for the Aptiom side, you would think that, at least by accident, someone there would make a good decision, have a success, show leadership but no. What a mess since before launch until today. Unfortunately, Sunovion did not have experienced, successful people in place to launch this drug. In reality, they could not attract the talent.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big Pharma is pretty much big Pharma. Both are a mess but finding 100k jobs are difficult to come by. Just realize you'll be micro managed by some moron DM and look at the job as only a 12 month fix.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fix is and it comes as a 4 letter word! G-I-S-H!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your bonuses suck, that means you suck as a sales rep. Mine have been 10-12k (quarterly) consistent for the past year. I'm not saying someone should come here vs Sanofi, but I am calling you out on your bullshit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice is to stay away from both unless you are desperate for a job.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone on the Chicago teams makes that kind of bonus so what's your point. Greatness is our middle name!

Go Bears!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DSP stock went from over 1800 to just over 1200 in 11 months and no one is concerned. If your 401k went down by 1/3 it would be a big deal. This is during the launch of Aptiom. Keep an eye on the real scoreboard. Good bonuses, bad bonuses look at the big picture. People with way more information than you know that Sunovion is a sinking ship.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ain't that the truth!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How appropriate that the Chicago team and Bears are mentioned in the same post. They both are equally talented.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You come to Cafepharma to do your research?? Yeah you've got two offers...but truly you could be a janitor anywhere......

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor soul with low self esteem. Prob still living with your mommy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked at both and the biggest mistake I made in my career was working for Sanofi. You were just a number there, which is not true at Sunovion.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stupid comment, your number at Sunovion will be 0. You need to look at the big picture, career, job security etc. not how you feel. DSP/Sunovion stock is down 30% this year, the pipeline is non existent, the stock is down 30% during a year where we launched Aptiom,

It is not what some other rep thinks, Reuters other economic forecasters and investors want no part of Sunovion. The company is a sell or underperform. The corporate office is now, at least, 1/3 vacant as everyone who can leave does.

Take a look at the Latuda reps who worked hard and produced. The bonuses became worse and they began interviewing at Alkermes. They can not get out fast enough.

Aptiom numbers are flat and the drug has not even been out for 1 year.

Take charge of you career, where will you be in 2-5 years at Sunovion versus another company?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the Sanofi job. Better salary and felt it was more stable.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wise move! This place is mismanaged and heading nowhere fast.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only time that you select Sunovion in a choice is before unemployment or a contract job. Aptiom is not a Sunovion product. Aptiom is licensed to Aptiom from Bial so technically this is a contract job.

If you need a job, then consider Sunovion. If you want a job with some stability, or a career move, look somewhere else.