Hey Latuda-Thanks for the death of Sunovion.

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you get when you hire (un-experienced)90% external reps,DM's,RD's and AVP?-Failure to launch-product failure. Yes-internal rep posting!, yes-pissed you guys and gals are f-in up our new companies product!.
    We are all worried about this new company's future and sat in Atlanta last Spring hearing how important this drug was to our company and now we are hearing how you freakin outsiders are screwing it up without knowing or cariing about our background and struggles which prompted you the opportunity to have an inerview for this company in the first place, hell what do you care? You were saved from a downsizing and just have a job right-who gives a crap about the history and people! Right on!
    We are torn and really do not give a crap what replies follow this post as we made ourselves clear with this first post and prompted any replies anyways but...get a f-in clue and sell the drug!!! Your job and ours depend on it dumb a-sses!!. All the excuses will follow and bs but the fact is that the main focus of DSP is Latuda! and they entrusted Sepracor and now Sunovion with big expecations and you guys had better deliever or you will be lookng once again for a severace package like last fall when you were lucky to be hired by us as you do not hve the experience to sell the other disease states we have at this company. Get your shit together!!!!, quick. All of you

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
    Once again, you are one of the bitter reps who was not qualified to sell an atypical and you just have to complain.
    We are doing fine and the product is moving.
    Here's some advice I learned a long time ago. Why don't you worry about your own job, to secure your own future and let me worry about mine.
    Remember this quote: "If it's to be, it's up to me."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line. You hired badly. I know reps/dms that applied and were not given serious consideration and they are the best in the business. I don't know why but I am glad, as I am competitor. How did they hire? Buddy system? Was there a dollar/salary handicap? Whatever it was the blame belongs to the hiring teams. THEY FUCKED UP and I am so glad because it makes my employment more secure at BMS

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. You are wrong. It is no secret that the Latuda team that was hired was stereotyping the nepotism. The "wash outs" from big pharma were the ideal candidates. When the unemployed big pharma reps were not the first option the Latuda DM's moved to the non pharma candidates. This was all about hiring very "disposable" personnel. I don't care what you say or reply back with, this is the undebatable truth. I know many many of the reps who were hired, very few had atypical experience, very few were Presidents club, almost all of them were fired or about to be fired from their current company. I do not even thing Sunovian did background checks. What does that tell you?

Latuda hiring team steered clear away from talented experienced psych reps, they were very threatened by their skill sets and were instructed to not hire performers. Again, you can try to defend and argue that all you want but it is well known that this was the agenda and prerogative of Sun. It was very critical for the Latuda team to not have any individual thinkers or experience. They knew they wanted robotic yes men and puppets, it all started and became obvious that this was the MOA just by looking at whom they hired in the DM roles. Shit flows down hill.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DITTO! Spot on with this post. The reps who I thought were guaranteed hires did not even get interviews nor make it through princeton 1. When I saw that happening it was easy to forecast that Sunovian had ulterior motives in who they hired, they clearly were not interested in hiring talent or the best of the best, more like the rest of rest. The people who they could command and babysit with ease was the mantra, those are all the reps I know who were hired, very light on experience and green to the industry. Sunovian picked these people off, they wanted cheap junk rent a reps that they can throw out when Latuda tanks. That does not jive with experienced psych reps, we are all seeing now that Sunovian hired very poorly and it is nobodies fault but their own!!!! Take some accountability Sunovian.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is spot on! There were very talented experienced reps. with proven SALES experience at this company who were NOT allowed to interview. Sunovion wanted only those reps. who had experience selling in the atypical market. From there, I don't have any proof that the company hired green or very inexperienced reps. We are all hearing that Latuda is not going well at all. One thing is for sure: if Latuda was doing well, then we would all be hearing positive news. There is NO communication coming down from corporate to us about this product launch. That tells me enough. Sad thing is, this launch failure will affect the entire company. There will be a price to pay for this product failure. That price will be paid by a downsizing of the sales force. I say the company should downsize from within this "best of the best" Latuda sales force team, and leave the rest of us the hell alone! Have you ever heard the expression, "You asked for it, you got it"!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Latuda is doing fine and is making the company money.
    If I were you, I would learn as much as possible about Latuda, the atypical market and it's competitors.
    Maybe, just maybe you might be good enough when there is an expansion to market this product with additional indications in the future.
    Until then, quit your bellyaching and worry about your own job.
    We on the the Latuda force are just fine.
    See you in July!

p.s. I'm a rep with over a decade of atypical experience, doing well in my territory and the psych's do like this product...contrary to what the bitter person tries to convey to everyone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto. Former Sepracor rep here and I can say that everyone hired had atypical experience. This market isn't a Lunesta or Xopenex market and the psychs and clinics are a totally different sell than Lunesta psychs. They were looking for experience in this market and that's what they got. Given the fact that that coverage is still non-existent, it's being written at a faster pace (and even a greater marketshare) than the other recent atypicals that came to market, already at about 130% to goal at 2 months, and that's with no coverage.
    If you're not seeing a lot of positive stuff written on here about it, it's because it's a smaller subset of reps seling it, many of whom are more experienced and older reps that don't log onto CP. The bitching and complaining and negative posts are current Sepracor reps who are angry they weren't allowed to interview, or weren't given a position, and now feel that their jobs are unstable, while the Latuda side is probably locked in place for at least a year.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, Chicago will takes us to the top. Our docs are writing this like there is no tomorrow. All you guys have to do is quit bitchin and see how we carry this company above everyone else. Its just a matter of time. Be patient, because the Godfather has spoken BABY!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Latuda reps are an embarrassment to the company and will sink this already heavy shit to the bottom.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why are we doing so well?

Rocket launch, baby!! Deal with it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just so you know, I am not a bitter Sepracor/Sunovion rep. Been here a long time with numerous sales awards under my belt. My question to all of you on the Latuda sales force is this, "If Latuda sales are so great, then why isn't the company celebrating this fact?" There are a lot of whispers among upper management which convey that Latuda is not doing well at all. Trust me, we want you to be successful with this product as it will affect all of us.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost all of the hires were hired because the hiring manager brought in their own laid off reps from other companies. I went to a final interview with an ex-pfizer DM loser, all this person did was hire ex-pfizer reps -what a surprise. Top reps from other companies were passed up to help their loser ex-pfizer laid off reps/fired

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A much smaller percentage of internal reps than Sunovion expected even applied for the positions. You know not of which you speak.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a dunce.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very true. I agree. Not only pfi. but other laid off cast aways as well. The dm's were laid off too, I see a common theme here, Sunovian was desperate to find down and out employees whom the could dictate too control. Almost all the reps, including dm on my team were flunkies and unemployed when sunovian bailed them out. we passed up hiring very very good psych reps as this was the directive from the RD. No experience needed or wanted for Latuda.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In fact many only had experience selling Geodon to PCPs. Same for some of the BMS cast off, they had anti-psy experience but with PCPS. A world of difference.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who named that product Latuda?? That has to be one of the worst names ever in the pharmaceutical business. I really want to pass gas every time I think about it. Latuda, oh sorry, just left one fly, was doomed from the beginning.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH YES I DO KNOW WHAT I SPEAK! I had at least 3 reps. on my team who had sold other drugs in the market to psychiatrists (including the fact they launched Lunesta). Some were PCE winners. They were not "qualified" to interview based on the fact they had no experience in the atypical market but had great sales numbers, great relationships with psychiatrists. If you read the qualifications that were posted on the Source, you would have found that many good reps. were shut out. They say that things happen for a reason. These reps. are SOOOO happy that they were not qualified to sell Latuda.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You base your post on knowing 3 whole reps out of 1100, (who I am sure overstated their qualifications to you), and now you know everything. You are a typical CP lifer with illusions of granduer, when the reality is you really don't know much about anything.