Fycompa: The new PGTC indication

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People at Eisai really think the impending launch of the PGTC indication for Fycompa is going to be the best thing this summer has ever seen. But here is the catch, the docs have been writing for PGTC. The PGTC indication will now make it legitimate and not off label. Helps with managed care. Who else thinks this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it's not all that surprising. Aptiom is indicated for adjunctive therapy but the big majority of it is used as monotherapy. Managed Care is not a big deal. These are patients in a terrible disease state and neuro's and epitol's can basically write whatever they want and after a small hassle or two it will get approved.

I think it will do nothing for the FYCOMPA trend line just like monotherapy for Aptiom will do nothing for the Aptiom trend line. There may be a bit more awareness for the product due to the new indication and additional "noise" around the product, but that will settle down in a month. The effect on the trend line will be insignificant just like the monotherapy indication for Aptiom will have insignificant effect on Aptioms trend line.

Now get back to faking calls and be sure your on the golf course by noon today.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it interesting to see Aptiom and manged care is no big deal in the same paragraph. No it is not. Physicians do not write the drug so it is not an issue. When faced with generics and Vimpat they have a better position, so they get written.

The biggest objection to Aptiom is cost and patient access. That and the neurologists that tell you that every one of their patients is controlled.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managed Care for Aptiom is no big deal because our managed care team doesn't do anything other than meet for lavish dinners and sneak out to golf or hit the bar early everyday. I know because I've been invited to the "internal business meetings" on occasion. Are they held responsible for anything? You think they'd at least be checking there expense reports. I want to me an account director. lavish meals and nothing to be held accountable for. Where do I sign up?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me likey the copay cards. Best answer that managed care reps give is use the copay card. They are killn me!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me thinks my total Rx's for Aptiom do not even come close to paying my salary. This has to end soon. Don't you think?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No your few Aptiom scripts every week do not pay your salary. car, car insurance, budget for lunches, dinner programs, benefits. There is no growth curve for this drug and this should come as no surprise as there was never a market. Physicians roll their eyes over the data, managed care etc.

Aptiom would have been a good drug in 1999 -2000 when Keppra, Lamictal, Topamax, Trileptal etc were approved. They are now generic after nice runs.

I am confident that the nice people in Japan are asleep at the wheel and I can continue to promote Aptiom 20 hours per week to the same people that have not written a script in 17 months.