Salary range for

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2015 at 12:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New epilepsy product position and is it a "me too" product?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run and don't look back.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base pay for reps ranges from about $85,000 to $105,000 from what I hear.

Aptiom has the same three active metabolites as generic oxcarbazepine. It also has terrible studies and marketing materials. Next to impossible to get physicians to write it

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your salary range is off. 105k is not the cap. There are many reps exceeding 105 with base pay.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The base pay for Aptiom reps can go to 127,500 probably as a high. Most reps are in the 100-115k range. The base pay in 6 months moves to 2500. Per month as reps will be on unemployment.

The very good base pay keeps most reps from leaving as very few rep jobs have a higher base. The bonus, now that is a different story as few exceed 28,000 per year.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. Original post was way low on the base pay side. Had to offer at least $110K to any rep that was coming from UCB or GSK. I'd say average salary is between $114K to 118K.

Hope that helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok thanks. I'm in with that kinda pay. I'll take 150k package with no questions asked.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not join, ex US parent company has some tricks up their sleeve. Going to change to pay for performance model at 4k per month for all field reps and 6k for managers. More focus on bonus structure than high salaries. Hq? They are working on that also with no details yet. Going to get ugly, make sure your targets are locked in, your livelihood will depend on it. It is all about every single script now, don't let that colleague screw you over.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say what bro?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The earlier points here are being missed. It does not matter if the base pay is 130 - 150k or whatever.

The product will not last. Check the flat sales numbers and the amount of money DSP/Sunovion throws at this drug. The job may lasy 6-12 months.

The goals are all over the board. Last quarter goals were given out 5 days before the end of the quarter. The number of scripts required went up while the comp per script went down. How does a 3000. - 4500 bonus sound?

The base salary, for the brief period of time, will make it difficult as other employers consider you.

While the job market is good now do you want to repeat a job search in 6-12 months? There are too many good opportunities to consider this company.

Why do you think the base salary is so high? With all the problems this company has, they need to be to attract reps.

Consider jobs with 5-10k less in the base but attainable goals of 28,000 + in bonus. You earn more and are in a more stable job.

In a good job market, this situation should be the last of the choices.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like a me 5 or 6 product, take a medication indicated for adjuctive use for partial onset seizures in adults. Think about how many seizure drugs have that indication, then add multiple step edits, horrendous managed care and physician apathy. Finally add unrealistic company expectations and you have Aptiom.

The look on the physicians faces on your first Aptiom detail is priceless- ranges from total disinterest to mildly hostile (for wasting their time).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love reading what so many idiots on here post. Go try and find a job offering any where close to the base you have. Bitch, bitch, bitch..... if it is so bad leave..... Oh wait no one else would hire you..... Some people come on here and ask legit questions but all they get is jack off responses. Tell me what other jobs pay the money and have the perks pharma jobs do?? None. And try and look for a job most companies are not offering anything near what they do here.....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real issue is that no one with any sense does not appreciate being in pharma sales and all the benefits that go with it. the sense of entitlement was beaten out of many in the past 15 years.

Those who are smart and plan ahead do not view it as a job. It is a career and while a salary is good, most people plan for long term security and possible career growth. How many more years will you be working? where do you want to be in 5-10 years.

2 extremes a Lundbeck paying 90-95 k for specialty reps but offering a pipeline and some security versus a Sunovion paying 110k -120k with no pipeline, a poor product and no security. the goal seems to be to maximize salary and benefits while keeping an eye on security, career growth, pipeline etc. and no I am not promoting Lundbeck but any company that has a future.

Where will you be in 3 years with a Sunovion, probably working for another company for the past 2 years.

Every 3 months there is a stop complaining post, reps are spoiled etc. suck it up. That is not the issue. the issue is are you taking charge of your career or working a job that is a very temporary stopover until Sunovion tells you that it is over?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiters always say that DSP is a job hoppers layover haven. Washed up, has been, passed over, hop hop. Short term high salaries are great but you need the extra dough for the inevitable job search time for the next layoff. Hop hop and on to pharma job number ???? If you are going to hop, hop to one of the few pharmas with pension. Those peeps are retiring in their fifties with a hefty monthly pension check for life. That doesn't even include 401k. Jump to the likes of JnJ or Mrk. Depending on 401k only? Your retirement will consist of living in a single wide while driving a 1998 Buick Century. Your travels will take you to Walmart and the local bingo hall.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, recruiters always talk about companies like you say. Idiot!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And this is why you will ALWAYS be nothing more than a job hopping pharma rep fro the rest of your career and life.....

These days base salary is 3rd or 4th on the list of things I would take into strong consideration as long as it is not significantly lower than what I am making now.... 1)Quality, innovation and number of compounds in the pipeline 2)overall financial health of the organization (EBIT, revenues, profits whatever you want to call them) 3) strategy or vision laid out to Wall street formally on calls to the street, 4) realistic bonus potential (you need to figure out a way to verify this figure with someone other than HR and hiring manager) THEN I would be strongly concerned with base pay.

I see schmucks like you ALL the time who get laid off after 12 months for the great big huge life changing glorious 8-10K increase in base salary. The good news for me is there will always be narrow minded fools in this industry like you who take these jobs that keep the salaries up for people like me who make more strategic and career focused opportunities.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YUUP-next stop for Aptiom reps is contract sales with a cap of 70k.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that is why I stay here and hardly work. I'm not leaving until I get a package. No accountability here selling Aptiom. My manager was a rep before being hired here as a RBM and has no clue. Bonus and goals are so screwed up they can't weed out the peeps that are barely working. I love it here. Log some calls, push some samples and I'm done by noon everyday or don't start until noon every day. Why would I ever leave this job?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will make quite a story at your next interview. When the interviewer asks for your Pres Club rank, performance reviews, coaching reports. Eventually DSP will wake up from the coma that they are in and there will be big changes.

Eventually you will have to interview at a real pharma company and go back to work. Hope your selling skills have not diminished working for Sunovion

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Packages are not what they once were. Ask about the DSP history of layoffs. It is not pretty. Every manager was a rep prior to being a manager. Granted that with all of the unemployed experienced managers out there you would think that Sunovion could have hired a few. Anyone with any knowledge of neurology, and a job, steered clear of Sunovion.

Yes, love it at Sunovion. Consider it an intermission in your career.