NVS Stock new high!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$93 today!!!! Show me the $$$.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fewer Reps = higher stock price.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conclusion
    Novartis is well poised to grow in the evolving pharmaceutical industry given the recent success of its cardiovascular drug. The company seeks to improve the company's prospects by adding a new multi-billion dollar product to its portfolio. The recent agreement with Gamida Cell has shown that the company is focusing on boosting its pipeline and core business. The company is trading at a very impressive forward P/E multiple and the company has strong financial health so I am bullish regarding the future of the company.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2467185-time-to-be-bullish-on-novartis?uprof=45

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And all of this while promising to cut employees, especially Reps!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who exactly promised cuts?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JJ to the analysts.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evidence please.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Novartis to Speed Up Cost Cuts"

"The Swiss drug giant didn't provide an overall cost-reduction figure but said the measures include slashing sales and marketing spending, streamlining procurement and making better use of manufacturing facilities."

"Mr. Jimenez said Novartis would secure new sales growth by bringing new branded and generic drugs to market, by boosting investment in the discovery of new vaccines, and by increasing sales of nonprescription drugs."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704648604575620303752280916

In the last paragraph he states 4 different ways that he promises to boost sales and only one involves reps. And Novartis has shown that it can seek branded drugs with many fewer reps.

BTW - he has been openly saying this for the last 3 years as he slashed thousands of rep jobs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evidence from a 2010 WSJ article seems hardly relevant, but thanks anyway for your "timely" evidence.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dork.

from your link:

Novartis to Speed Up Cost Cuts
    By JEANNE WHALEN And GORAN MIJUK
    Updated Nov. 17, 2010 5:08 p.m. ET

note the date-timestamp

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, that was the point. Since then Novartis has cut thousands and the industry has cut 40,000. And the are promising more to the analysts now.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh... you missed the point. You gave us a recap of distant history. Show CURRENT evidence where anyone is "promising" more cuts. BTW, current means like let's say in 2014.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Ancient" history was when JJ promised big reductions i you reps and deliverd. Thousands at Novartis and 40,000 or 40% in the industry overall.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since then, Obamacare has really kicked it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Sunshine act is gaining traction and your access is falling.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the sales of pharma per rep head is at an all time high - Sales Force fucking effectiveness baby.

In most pharma markets, there is absolutely no correlation between the number of reps and sales. The experiment has been done and you lose.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moron... more reps = double-digit growth. We used to see growth in the range of 20-30%. Less reps = Flat to negative growth. That would = a correlation between reps and growth, MORON. This is NOT rocket-science. Now go read and eat donuts.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Praise The Lord bro. I'm with and so are most on this board. But, I think that you are preaching to the choir here. Novartis and WS don't seem to know this. Despite Omamcare and the falling access rates everyone knows that more reps mean more sales.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, what stupid manager, Wall Street analyst or consultant can't see that despite the fact that we currently have challenges in getting in front of the docs and that us falling and all indications are that it will continue, who can't understand that we are still valuable. We rock!