NVS Oncology

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2015 at 3:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on with so many departing NVS Oncology in the last few weeks? Heard of a few Sr. Reps that left.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My guess would be better pay and the fact there is just way too many of us now do to the addition of the GSK reps. 8 of us in a territory now.... I mean really! Come on now Novartis! Should be interesting when we go to schedule lunches for 2016!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retained less than 50% of the GSK reps. If the two divisions were still separate, there would be more reps in the field total...just wearing separate name badges. We actually did the physician offices a favor.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess why? Been there, done that, never again.....bunch of post or pre-menopausal women with leading positions making the lives of people under their umbrellas so miserable. Oncology is notoriously famous for the bitching behind your back and fake smiles. And don't get me started on the lack of communication or transparency within the team, no one knows what the other does. Not only in Basel this is also applicable to the US Onc team too. Yuuukkk... if you love yourself avoid this sector of Novartis at all costs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately it seems US oncology is being managed like pharma. That will never work in the real oncology world. This market is about actual conversations not catch phrases.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any guess for re alignment of lay offs? I heard rumors of lay offs around thanksgiving. Hope these rumors are just rumors and no body looses his or her job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most likely Christmas Eve. Isn't that the Novartis motis operandi?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The launch of Ibrance is crushing Afinitor. Layoffs will be here well before Thanksgiving. Think more like Labor Day. The slide is brutal.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info on Hematology Rep position posted? What drugs and would you recommend applying?
    Thanks for the info.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50 percent of those jobs will not exist a year from now. Apply at your own risk.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gleevec goes generic in Feb. 2016 and Afinitor is falling like a rock after the Ibrance launch.

Pretty spot on.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hem DOA/MIA

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Farydik is DOA.
    Tasigna has about 6 months to live before generic imatinib hits
    GSK drugs were dogs....hey, throw more marketing at them....that makes 'em better

and yes reps are getting out as soon as they can

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This division has always be a cluster fuck with "pods' and mirror territories. MD's don't need to see numerous reps from the same company and hear the "canned" presentations marketing creates.

With GSK reps now on board layoffs will come by the end of the year as NVS thins the herd like they have done the past couple of years!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was the last time you were taught about the clinical sale, instead of a few marketing points?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a funny post. So I take it the peri-menopausal women leaders are awesome!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NVS oncology is a great place to be at and with so many products and strong pipe line there should not be much concern.