MSBU Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2015 at 7:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm new to NVS and MSBU. I keep hearing there will be layoffs. Can someone please give me their take? I just don't see it as there are only what? 120 reps nationwide and we are single rep per territory. Gilenya is a billion dollar medication. So is this just a bunch of trolls saying we will be laid off? Please no jokes! I've got a family to support

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here since launch, and here is my honest take. Obviously, Novartis made MANY mistakes launching Gilenya and continue to make more mistakes every day. The culture here is horrible. Few people are happy, people are not making a lot of money for a drug that is $65k/year for a patient. Things have gotten worse since launch. It's a primary care/micro-manage environment. Call attainment, reach and frequency, being told how to spend your money on cardiac programs, etc. WE have a new leader that came in and talked a great game at our NSM about culture, etc. Since then, surprise surprise, nothing has changed.

Do I think there will be layoffs? Someday, yes. This year? Probably not. When people leave they usually don't fill the vacant territory, so thats not a good sign. The company does not seem to have the same level of commitment to MS as they did 6 years ago. They thought they could be players in this market but Biogen and Teva have kicked our ass! We've had some success here so it's not all bad. Gilenya is a blockbuster! But it should have done MUCH better! Novartis made some really bad hires in this division especially at RD and ABL levels. But there are also some horrible reps too.

My advice, try to do well here and switch to Oncology or CV, maybe Dermatology. If you hate it here look elsewhere and hope another smaller company has a better culture and pays better. Novartis isn't all bad. It just has some real A$$holes, but every company does, right?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All above is true. Do not trust our Blonde leader about getting new products to sell. This is also the company that fired 130 people 2 days before Christmas. I was in another division before MS and this is by far the worst. My ABL is a micro manager but says it all comes down from the RD. I would say jump divisions or get out by the start 2017.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you want to go to CV or Dermatology? That is a demotion. Top divisions are MSBU and Oncology. Oncology is a better franchise future wise. But CV is glorified Primary Care and Dermatology is not at the level of MS or Onc

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Respiratory?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our new leader has done shit in 6 months. So promising yet we still have the worst culture in pharma. I am thinking Dagmar was a better leader and the bar was set very low. We are all waiting for Genentech to start hiring then mass exodus.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs start Sept. 1 , I've heard from four different people, two from home office. Smaller less productive territories will be split up between bordering larger ones and dual rep ones will be evaluated and down sized to one rep in each, open territories will be left open for now.... They are looking for a 30-40% cut in field force...... Quote me on this!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First time posted here. Quote ME on this. There will be NO lay-offs on September 1. None.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um...how can we quote you if we don't know who you are.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same moron puts this up every few months get lost.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guarantee there will be layoffs.... It will be smaller and dual territories that get hit. The drug is 5 years old, no pipeline and flat sales. Trust no one!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I trust no one but why would I listen to some clown on Cafe Pharma. I know why you record of being right NOT!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry... but I heard the same story from a few others too. Time to get proactive and bolt...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask anyone on our displaced December 22, 2014 NeuroPsych fellow reps, same thing was said on cafepharma. AND WHAT HAPPEN TO THEM?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why??? Why not look for a new job now while you are employed. Worst case scenario if joker is wrong you can laugh if he's right you have a new job lined up. You win either way

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, Genentech is coming with their drug soon.... Plus this company owes you nothing. Don't let the little ass shaker swoon you into believing everything is great. Your head of medical just left, tell sign is once the upper mgmt people start moving positions, leaving, etc....the party is over. Gilenya goes generic in 2017-18.... Get the resume out! You've been warned........ Too many sources have confirmed this for me also....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It comes down to the facts:

MSBU is NOT the place to be in the MS space

Gilenya has a dismal market share

Will go generic in the next 3-4 years

micro management is a horrible environment to work in

Leadership cares more about reach and frequency than sales and relationships

Good bonus money days are over

Morale is very low and not improving

Positives - It is a paycheck

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You changed the Captain but the crew sill sucks the RD'S. Conrad and Matt are the problem everyone knows it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Horrible managers, dying product, a culture of ass kissing to get ahead..... Nooooooo, nothing wrong here......ha!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to the speak up culture, the team work, the new direction?? I see none of it...... This place is toxic!