Expense Report Audits - Really??

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe this! I have 3 in a row kicked back!! When I called my auditor to explain an error she had no idea we in were working on ipads! I said it is easy to make a mistake on these ridiculous user "unfriendly" pieces of crap! They aren't meant for admin work! If they were then why do managers get laptops as well!? Oops this is off the subject! I think I like the no more lunches!! BTW I have had reports rejected that passed multiple time!! NO consistency!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have worked at GSK for some perspective on this. Good God you couldn't take a breath without someone questioning where you got the air.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See#20. Management all the way up to the C-suite write off everything, even the air they breathe. They just want to make sure we don't so there is enough to pay for their expense slush fund. It's a joke. There will always be dishonest people. As a manager, I simply look eat the outliers. If someone is spending 1000 a month on lunches and the rest are spending 500, I'd look into it. If there was no rational reason, we'd have a discussion. Many factors go into spending. In 10 years, I have had to discipline five reps for expense report discrepancies, and had to fire three for overt theft of funds.
    My speech to all new reps and some of the experienced reps who needed it is very simple. This job gives you a lot of rope. You can use it to tie up business, or you can use it to hang yourself.
    My experience has shown that the vast majority of reps will not hang themselves.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the sage advise pops. However these audits are not about fraud. They re about the sunshine act. The problem has to do with the technology used to generate the report.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's get that started! I am really fed up with this ridiculous procedure! I have heard there is a group working on this as there have been continuous complaints. Novartis needs to decide which is more important.... us spending hours doing our expenses and still getting it wrong or trying to call on customers! I'm about ready to stop doing lunches!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get two ADS forms kicked back, then you'd definitely BETTER stop doing lunches!