Management development program complete BS

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean to tell me Richard r smith is now a vp of this company after being a rep for less than two years and never going through management training but now novartis has guidelines of a 3-2, 2-3 or 3-3 for last 3 years to be considered for management development?!?!? What a joke. You have to be able to squeeze diamonds out if your ass as an executive sales consultant you still can't get a 3. 50% of this sales force is executive now and less than 5% are allowed to receive 3 in v and b. wake up novartis. Such a joke. So I've been a stein performer or superior performer for 10 years but Conrad, Richard r, Matt, Sam, jeff p are all in management positions? No wonder this company's leadership sucks and is laughable to other companies. Fuck you novartis.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true. Lots of these guys have been protected for too many years and bring nothing to the table ever.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If our current leadership was held to the same management development standards that currently exist (deadline to apply is 10-30) none of them would be managers. How many reps have received a consecutive "3" as a part if their rating for the past 3 years. Disturbing, pathetic, and as poster said "laughable" considering we work for novartis. I hope every manager with any ounce of integrity rakes the severance and gets out. They treat us like scum but expect loyalty. Idiots.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My 0.02 is that the MDD is NOT meant to develop you. Want to get promoted?

#1 Work harder on yourself than you do your job. Take on a tough assignment, do a HQ rotation. transfer to another part of the country.

#2 Get an MBA or an MS and not from some online BS college. A REAL university. Let NVS pay for 10K every year.

#3 If you wanna promote you gotta move.

How can you expect to develop and promote by eep being a rep year after year after year? Get a clue idiots!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you stay in your role as a rep or ABL more than 2 years you are NOT a leader. Sorry but it's true!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do any of you want to stay in Novartis or the Pharma industry? It is all BS. Use you free time as a rep to start a side business which can become your full time job. If you can't manage your own business are you really a Manager? Pharma managers are babysitters. Management is overrated anyway

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. There ARE a few good ones out there.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you stay as a rep or ABL More than 2 years you have no motivation. That's okay but you ain't a leader. It takes blood sweat and tears to make the big cheese!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you stay with Novartis, this management is as good as it will get. Connections matter more than ability.