The REALITY is this...

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys can posture on here until you turn purple. In a matter of less than 3 years, there will be very, very few reps making 100,000. They will be culled out for contract reps.

The reps in the 100,000 zone will be extremely select niche markets that remain profitable and require a PhD, Pharm D or NP that have the ability to address "true" clinical need.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will always be a sales representative for pharma as long as there are products to sell. We will see an addition to the field forces once again on the not too distant future, not close to the N7 days yet an additional 1-2 reps in approx 3 years, a slight bump up. Things will always change, just keep yourselves marketable. And yes there are tenured OC reps here who make $150k, Fact! They have been top performers and I am one of them! Been here a long time!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The average PC rep makes $80-90 here at Novartis!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in pharma for 10 yrs, 4 yrs at NVS. My base is $100k, bonuses range from $30k-20
    I did 3 yrs at one comp, left and got $10k increase in base, 3 yrs later Left, and NVS gVe me $12k bump in base.
    You can make $100k base in pharma
    And no MBA, bachelors at state school.
    If you stay at one comp your whole career, you probably won't. And your not desirable to other comp once laid off

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are under 30 and make 130k per year you are good. If you are older than 30 but younger than 40 and make 130k it's the to step up. Over 40 and making that you are not ambitious. That's the truth and this thread ends now

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are over 40 and make $130 BUT have a side business and make an extra $200k you are very ambitious.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to your theory you would be making 330K. You said an EXTRA 200K. That means you are a LOSER with NO BALLS. Why not quit Novartis and devote 70+ hours per week to your side business and make it a phenomenal business netting you 1 MM per year??? LOSER!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called working 12 hours a week for Novartis for $130k. Of course you only have a state school education because you don't understand the law of diminishing returns. Look it up because most everyone reading this has never used their education after graduating. My formula works and 99.9% of reps never could accomplish what I have accomplished. I only stay a rep because over $130k for 12 hours a week (besides weeks with meetings). My business is built and needs only the time I devote to it. I know you can't imagine that your peer could have pulled this off, but some are just gifted and some will always live paycheck to paycheck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an IDIOT to the nth degree. You are either lying or just plain stupid like 99.99 percent of ABLs. Why don't you hire people and expand your business so you work less hours? It's called delegation and duplication num nuts! If you did that you'd be making 7 figures using OPT and OPM.

By the way not all state schools are crap. UC Berkeley is a state school and ranked top 10 both at undergrad and grad level dumb ass!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much. These high paying jobs are going to continue to get reduced while the people at the top keep the extra coin in their pocket. Gain control, build up a side business, and get out of this rat race.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I work 32 hours TOTAL a week. Make around $400k a year with minimum help. Do I really need more headaches? Do I really need more money? My paid assets are more than most professionals make in a lifetime and I am 25 years from a normal employees retirement age. I enjoy working 30 +/- hours a week. I enjoy working for Novartis and working minimum hours. I enjoy knowing if I get laid off I am financially set for the rest of my life. I guess I am a "rich" idiot. Cafepharma is a guilty pleasure for me. So are 6 ski trips a year to Aspen. Palm Springs whenever I desire. I am just like the guy you listen to on motivational talks and I am your peer. You need to catch up, you slacker.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one making 150k+ would have the time to brag on this thread, sorry -- all liars! Anyone can post anything they want here. Plain & simple, most average pharma reps make 80k plus incentives per year! It's that way across PC pharma. Now, this isn't bad jack as a second income when the spouse is bringing home the dough as well! Think about all the possible scenarios before you gloat!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be in PC. There are others in this company that are successful above and beyond being a rep. They use the sales job as a stepping stone. The free time and hard work outside of pharma can lead to success. Just because most reps don't understand, there are a few that realize they can take advantage of the free time.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are delusional. You do not make anywhere close to that. What type of business is it? Please cut the crap. If you are telling the truth which I doubt you are a indeed an IDIOT! You don't know how to scale a business up and duplicate your efforts through others! Dumb ass or Liar. I think liar though!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way the above poster is bringing in 400k as a rep for Novartis, 130k maybe!