MS vs Onc division which one is better??

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have offers from both. Bonus is a wash between the two at 30k at target. I got offered about 5k for for MS so it's pretty much a wash. Honest replies please. Which is the place to be at Novartis?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Onc - getting an offer from MS is like someone giving you a ticket on the Titanic just before it launches!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MS really not the place to be. Leadership issues, EXTREME micro management, morale issues and bonus issues. Some will make $30,000 annual bonus, others will make $10-$15k annual bonus. Unless you have no other options - stay away

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone that writes 'the place to be' is a fucking mgmt/hr troll & you morons fall for it

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got 2 offers from the same company in different divisions at the same time. Ok...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who inquires about the "place to be" and claims to have two offers from one company, would it be an insider from our HR? They don't care. More likely it's posted by a lame competitor or even a rat for the competition. They love the "public forum" of CP. Most likely in a panic trying to make deadline. Looking for free insight to re-write and place into their report for competition. The lowest.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest reply? You're a liar.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this really a serious question? Onc/Hem is the only division with any company that has any future. You're talking about a disease state with 100s of different indications with new targets and new drugs being discovered every day. They will always need reps calling on offices at the local level to assist with reimbursement and to report adverse events. Once you have 2 years under your belt there are plenty of new opportunities to jump to other companies to raise your salary.

Good luck. I've been on this ride for 10+ years and plan on about 10 more before I retire. Don't overlook Novartis' 401K match and Self Funded Pension either. Very few companies out there offer the level of medical, retirement and vacation benefits that our Swiss friends do.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you ever wanted to experience a colonoscopy while be stangled at the same time, then come over to the MSBU.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please.... Onc is way too crowded. There are only 10 DMTs in MS vs hundreds in Onc. Of the 10 the only ones who matter are Biogen, Genzyme, Novartis and Teva. That's it! Access sucks in Oncology. Sucks real bad. Money is just as good in MS. Average bases of 125k and bonus of 30-50k. Yes I am comparing industries NOT NVS MSBU vs NVS Onc

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I kinda agree. Base salaries and bonuses industry wide between MS and Oncology are pretty much the same. Both MS and Onc are top of food chain for pharma reps. Having said that the future for Oncology IS better as it's more profitable for companies generally speaking. MS reps at Novartis are toward bottom tier compared to Genzyme or Biogen. Little better than Teva or Rebif reps but not by much. Onc reps at Novartis are definitely at bottom of food chain.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At NVS specialty sales is really a term loosely used and in nAme only. Reality is at NVS specialty sales don't exist. Both divisions currently hire more reps from PCP over exp reps. Internal PCP reps are brought over to both these divisions as a lateral move with no pay increase. Hmmmm.... Both divisions are largely by PCP mgrs and lots of call metrics along with micro mgmt.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! Part of the problem at MSBU is that there are waaaaay too many PC reps that got hired into this division. Wtf does primary care have to do with MS? If you want to succeed hire MS reps NOT Primary Care reps!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology is also doing the same with hiring PC reps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is great news pc reps. Make sure you apply for every onc and ms job you see

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When wil leadership learn that PC reps cannot sell in Onc or MS? That is why Gilenya is getting owned. Metrics does not equal higher market share. Quit hiring PC reps and Managers!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahaha. Gilenya is getting owned because the clinical data for it sucks! No matter which rep you hire, docs aren't stupid and they only prescribe what works the best for their patients

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back to PCP you moron! You obviously are way in over your head! If you were in MS you'd know data is superior. FDO is a hassle and reach and freq does not work in MS marketplace. It's all about reimbursement, patient management and office collaboration to drive Revenue. Efficacy comes after and metrics shouldn't even be in conversation. That is why hiring PCP reps was a mistake. Now there are way too many PCP reps in MSBU!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couple of points to chime in here.

1. If data is superior why is competition kicking your a$$?
    2. How come whenever somebody post the truth about why MS is hurting, this one dufus always gets scared and says " you're a PCP rep over your head?"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like I said way in over your heard. Here is a clue Mr PCP, start reading from bottom third of last paragraph on! The idiocy of PCP reps never ceases to amaze me. It's shitheads like you that are now filling MSBU! Go deliver your bagels and get your 5-7 siggies. Leave this discussion to the adult men in the room.