Derm Division Updates?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's salary and commission goal for Derm division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently interviewed with him also and found him to be unprofessional. I'm ashamed that he is part of NVS. He is a train wreck and an HR nightmare. I hope someone looks into this.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are spot on. I know him from Galderma and didn't even apply when I found out he was going to be the DM. Be careful.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My friend who sold a biologic in Derm and is a multiple pres. club winner didn't get either territory she interviewed for. She's 42 and thus wasn't hired. Hiring manager was young and hot like you mentioned above. The recruiters are horrible at follow up. I've been in Derm forever and have never seen such poor follow up. I will not interview for these reasons. Good luck getting HP's and PBM's to cover it with out a ST or PA. Data is great put payers don't care, too much pressure on them to lower costs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard from an ABL that the biggest challenge is that over 4000 people applied for 80 positions. That gives everyone about a 2% chance of getting hired. I am sure follow up could be better but in fairness that number of applicants probably makes it tough. I received a personal call from the ABL telling me I did not get the position which I personally appreciated. I do know several people that were hired and the youngest was 36 and several were in their late 40's so why I am disappointed I didn't get hired I didn't lose out to someone fresh out of college with no experience.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had 18 years in derm sales with 4 selling a biologic for psoriasis. Went through 2 rounds of interviews but did not make it through to the panel interviews. I have been out of pharma for 4 years and maybe that is why I was not put through. I was called by the ABL to thank me for my time and that, as was said above, they had 5000 resumes for 80 jobs and had several outstanding candidates to choose from.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same things about the guy. But I'm just wondering how in the world do managers like him slip under the radar or get hired in the first place?? Word is that he also beats NVS system ie using company money for personal use. That's just horrible.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So now the excuse is 4000 applicants applied for 80- positions?

So they cannot prioritize or hire well.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were other, far more qualified candidates who were passed over in favor of this guy. AP has a poor eye for talent - and for self preservation. He's in way over his head.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Troy really isn't so bad...I've worked for him in the past, and yes, he is somewhat unpredictable, but that is why so many people like him. He is a breath of fresh air in a sea of phony personalities. If he truly said anything illegal to you during the interview process, then document it and share it with someone who can do something about it! If you end up working with him, just do your job, sell your ass off, and you'll be all good. Porto must've hired him because he has unmatched relationships with top KOL's in Derm. Just deal with him...he might even win you over. Good day:)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, Celgene rejected me. I am a biologics sales pro and they didn't even call me back to reject me, they sent a HR letter. I looked up their hires on Linkedin and they are mostly young, hot women. Primary care types. Can't hold my jock strap.

Now, Novartis has rejected me. This is BS. I am a biologics sales pro and I call BS! Still, this board is lame and Novartis is too big to take notice so I will focus my rage on Celgene. Don't think I won't' make up a bunch of lies to my derms about your product too, but the majority of my efforts will based on crushing Celgene and sowing discontent on their message board.

Don't bother responding because I will never visit this hole again. If you need me, I will be crushing the Celgene peps with some daily attacks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Troy. Truth is you are an HR, Compliance and Legal nightmare. You will go down and it won't take long. People in Galderma who know you and your buddies who came over say the same thing. Tick Tock, Tick Tock it's just a matter of time. Goodnight to you :)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the 10 minute challenge and see it for yourself. He is a disaster with no self awareness.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boston job posting

Guess that rep did not last long in dermatology

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they make you role-play during the panel interviews and then criticize the things you miss. It impacts the hiring decision which is crap. They continue to pass over reps that've sold biologics or in psoriasis....Really? Is this true??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took the test and you were right!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on what I see between the new sales force and a crappy drug sounds lke another shit show. Tg e celgene product will blow it away.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't understand. Completely different products. The reality in 2015 will be Topicals - Otezla -ILs -then TNF products if needed

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor derm field force....celgene product is such better!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not better, just different.

PBMs are already lining up to put Otezla in front of biologics. Doesn't mean that Otezla is better than TNF and IL agents, just means patients have to try Otezla first to get to other agents.

We will be fine.

Settle down.