Our division getting ipads- need rundown

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we are getting ipads at alcon in sept. Please Give us the rundown. Expectations of signatures, times you have to have sigs, tracking, etc etc. much appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The system logs when and where you are as you sign so your question regarding times for sigs means that you don't understand what is coming.

About 18 months after the iPad arrives expect a major re-org. That is time it takes for the data from the new system to be gathered and analyzed. They will use both the overall tracking data to rationalize the territory coverage as well as use each salespersons tracking data to analyze their personal performance.

The result, from a Novartis perspective, will be a much more well designed sales coverage process. For you reps, it will be the most dehumanizing and degrading process that you have ever experienced. Resulting in a role that only someone desperate for a job will keep. Novartis is, in general, so drastically changing rep's roles and decreasing the overall number that it can't be really called sales reps roles anymore.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It hasn't been a big deal. You just have to hit your call plan. I would nt worry about it. Is this a sign that SEE will be ppulled in to US pharma?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there expectations that your first and last sig
    Have to be at 8 and 4 or something like
    That? There have been rumors of SEE rolling up into
    Us Pharma but we don't know. We all feel a major reorganization is coming. If they wait long enough they won't have to do it bc people quitting everyday in vision
    Care. People are miserable and feel the road is a dead end.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what value do sales reps add, unless they come from a medical or pharmaceutical background?

otherwise, you are commodity labor.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Provide hateful trolls like you bjorn types a reason to live ;)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i actually care enough to warn you. i could be doing something better with my time...

although it's funny to read responses like yours, the joke is really on the sales rep who is just like any other sales rep in any other industry.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

US pharma has lost 40% of its # in the last 36 months.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why was my post deleted?

all i did was link to a page about how the iPad can help you become a better professional.

yet, other bs posts get to stay?

whoever is modding these boards is bipolar...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No its you, you are a penis

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are missing what really matters and focusing on noise. Ipads mean no more ability to use office including powerpoint, word, and excel. Your so called computer is a fancy fad that has little functionality. You will need to use a personal computer for real work, even though that is outside compliance. But hey, you can buy a really nifty case on your own dime and act like you are one of the cool kids.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK for content review, real bad for content creation. But - according to DE- your will feel much more engaged - and its great for your kids to play with

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you just go to work each day and do the job they pay you to do it shouldn't be an issue.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah but there is the catch. This tool doesn't allow you to do the job you are paid to do. Don't say that out loud though or you will be labeled as not embracing new technology and change.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

, says an old-timer.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the ipads are really only useful 7 days per lunar.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready for apps that don't work, being repeatedly told that if the app doesn't download you need to call IT, IT will send you around the globe for support only to be finally told that none of those help desks support iPad. This means time cards, travel, expenses, targets, you name it...f'ed up. There is no beta testing of anything, force it out and then spend countless hours dealing with the fallout. And just try to set up a spreadsheet with Numbers that will do summation of columns...have your calculator standing by.