Welcome to the Novartis Board

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by cafead, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:21 AM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope so. that would be nice. it is atressful not worth it

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.. sorry no.. saty where you are at much more job security and not realistic to get a job in this industry without sales experience. Esp when there are sooooooo many reps looking with great track records.

Best wishes

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was posted 10-19-2003, 08:46 PM,
    That is one hell of a long 2 weeks!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW how prophetic ! This dude nailed them in 2003 !
    Must be Bjorn , congrats , drink on me !!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis is a great company to work
    for. There is only ONE problem...
    the managers!
    Novartis, at one time was launching
    one new product every 100 days.
    They needed managers, and they
    needed them fast!
    This is where the "clowns" come in.
    They promoted the worst of the
    worst! These "so called managers"
    were really good reps, and should
    have stayed there as reps. A lot of
    these "manager clowns" went back
    to being reps, when one of
    Novartis' products went off pat, one
    went south with some cardio side
    effects and another never made it to
    the market.
    Doctors have echoed this statement:
    "We are awaiting the day that Novartis
    will get back as the company we used
    to love and respect. In order for this to
    happen, Novartis has got to get rid of
    their DM's, and let the reps manage
    themselves."
    G'day everyone

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then they will die waiting. Manager types are not sales reps that want to be sales reps. They're a different breed that want to tell other people what to do - they have a task oriented brain, want power - reps have a service oriented brain and want to help people. Companies have neither brain - they just want money and as long as nobody dies on their drug it's all good.

Managers - somehow, someway Novartis has got to stop looking at award winners from territories that have traditionally produced award winners and have a much more intensive Pharmaceutical manager vetting process - these candidates should go on a 1 year, ride a-long with field reps for the reps to evaluate. Get rid of the corporate ladder escalator mentality and start looking for positive motivators.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis is the worst company in Pharma!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good riddance to a company that was wonderful to work for up until about 5 years ago!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis was in very good shape at one point, but they are hurting worse than most pharma companies because they were overly-ambitious about their future and hired managers who are dishonest and bought into their vision. Money has a way of clouding judgement (especially when it stops flowing) in all areas, moral, financial, R&D goals.

It's sad how leadership can so confidently lead people to ruin and then reward loyalty with layoffs whenever most convenient. Those who say that Novartis is a great company are fooling themselves. There's a file being kept on you right now for HR to use for you termination.

My advice, always have a backup employment option and prepare for the worst, especially if you have a family, children, a spouse. Your manager, RD, VP, CFO, CEO, couldn't care less.

If you want to work here, don't believe your manager about how great everyone is treated here. It's the same everywhere in this industry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you know, its really depressing to read this board. If you are not happy why don't you get out and find somewhere you are happy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking at most of the other threads, letting the reps manage themselves would be a terrible idea, considering how little work they do and how unintelligent the lot of them appear to be.

Pretty faces sell product, but they sure don't manage a company.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is disgraceful conduct.
    Let me be clear everyone is a number at novartis
    No matter what your job title entity on paper ie supervisor, manager, straight up the autocratic chain to the CEO we're all on the corporate hamster wheel. one thing though no matter who it is breaking the novartis code of conduct.novartis as a company owned by shareholders ie the public will not tolerate acts of misconduct
    All associates have a duty to report misconduct through the correct channels
    Ie human resources, bpo etc

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Hello

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Is there going to lay -offs? and how is it to work here? I haven't been hearing good things and I just want some honest feed back. Thanks!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you even think there are problems here? You have to learn to ignore all the whinny babies here. They will never be happy.
    Of course, Novartis is about making money, so if you think they give a rats ass about you, then there is a bridge to Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
    Bottom line, if you want touchy-feely management, don't work here.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard the rumors of a break-up of Novartis with the sale of units like Consumer Health and Animal Health?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, code of conduct... I will tell you a story about integrity of our management.

There is a provider that must be used for services in clinical trials, and this provider is expensive and a big fail. Despite of every logic, it must be used no matter what.

I investigated a bit and found out this provider receives money from some investors, mainly an investment fund that has a scientific advisory board.
    Guess who is on this board?

This person is forcing NVS to use fail services from a company in the end he is paid by.
    Funny huhu?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

weird