Novartis used to be great

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Feb 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wtf happened? No accountability! Lying! Backstabbing. Hiring from outside vs retaining internal talent! Layoffs 1-2x per year! No human element!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is still great, just ask the stockholders.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what you mean. It's so so sad. Those of us still surviving deal daily with constant fear of layoffs, lies, back stabbing, bad and hypocritical leadership. I once was so proud to work for this company. It was the place to be. thats farthest from the truth now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I have worked for several pharma companies over the years & found Novartis to be different. A company that stood out from the rest. Now, even my wife has commented wtfh? My only hope is this new direction does not ruin Novartis stock before I have the opportunity to sell. Loyalty begets loyalty. When you screw with people they look for opportunities to get even. In an improving economy I believe Novartis has made a strategic mistake by willfully rejecting committed employees in lieu of "new talent". Let's see what happens when they run into obstacles now?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis leadership, Joe Jimenez, please take note. Novartis is consistently has more people viewing cafepharma than any other company. You are creating a culture that values short-term return over substance. If you do not change you will reap the benefits!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Without substance you have nothing. I used to think Novartis was top notch until I was employed by them. This company is full of incompetent people.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your kidding right? Novartis is a machine and always has been! You are a sucker if you think otherwise! I'm only collecting a paycheck here and Novartis owes me nothing other than my paycheck every 2 weeks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the past and current lawsuits speak volumes. I know of the Long island lawsuit but there must be more

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Novartis owes me nothing other than my paycheck every 2 weeks"

Joe Jimenez - This is the exact point I was making. I am here just for a paycheck.
    Let's see how far this culture takes you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree that Novartis was ever great. Ciba-Geigy was great, Sandoz was great--the hybrid has been big but never outstanding in any was except perhaps oncology. I have made a ton of money here, but not for one moment feel that I am working for a company or in an industry that has any claim of greatness. Only those who have never been in another industry will drink the koolaid of "greatness"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Follow the money. Look into the Novartis shares ownership structure.
    The more you know...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked in other industries as well and will not drink the kool-aid. When you go to NSMs, it is truly shameful how distorted some of the views of people working in this industry are. Is the industry needed? By all means yes, but a good number of the people are superficial and phony however, there are some good people who do their jobs well and make a difference. Most of these are retiring or not rewarded for their experience and talent. As the previous poster stated, they are going to be stuck with the paycheck mentality, superficial people and fail miserably as healthcare providers shut them out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Once the companies merged, both outstanding corporate cultures were lost and what came forth was an abhorrent creature of a company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody cares. It is a piece of shit now. Leadership is filled with scared small minded people that care more about making a few more dollars for themselves than helping patients and treating fellow employees with respect.

15. WB#1

WB#1 Guest

WRONG! Novartis was NEVER great. In fact it was never even good or mediocre. It was always two of the clasic; THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY. Yes The BAD and THE UGLY. This from the very begining, for the whole murder (not merger) of the two wonderful companies was designed to take the new Novartis toward the Bad and Ugly American style co. Thus you have what you have today.
    What was great, those two wonderful companied Vasella and two more insiders killed/murdered to establish Novartis out of their corpses.
    You know the names of the two, perhaps greatest companies in any biz, let alone bigpharmafia biz. SANDOZ & CIBA/GEIGY.
    May they RIP.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long Island use to be great! L.I. Pride!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

L.I. cheats...buncha losers all gone with the b.ball playing manager...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax. These people did what was told. The ones who went against their grain, were forced out or were let go by the L.I. Pride Leader and his HR partners.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone that has worked for pharma did something wrong. Even if you went home early, took snacks home that were expensed to an office, started late, over looked a wife at a program, did not give a fair balance detail, ripped down competitions mc grids in closets, gave samples to relative, stayed home sick because their kids were stick from school, changed their reviews for another outside interview. Got drunk at a program added another doctor that was not there to cover the cost, speaker talked off label and did not correct them at the program, catered a party at home and charged it to the company, did not report car miles correctly, ordered a lunch went over budget, all the dine and dashes, the list could go on.

If you did none of these then you can post otherwise please stop.

Give it rest a please. Did I leave anything out.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like an expert, did you 'coach' all your reps in these tactics ?