Novartis used to be great

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Feb 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL he/she were graduates of the NVS See No Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil school of management

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe when Jesus was VP of sales and Conrad was the best defensive player at Ole Miss.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis was never great...and it will be just worse as time was by....
    It's senior management is mediocre, highly paid - but not worth it, liers, disrespectful to the associates...all they care is to save their own ass and continue having a job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i worked for Sandoz/Novartis for 15 years and I come back to this board every once in a while to see how things are going. I left 4 years ago for small pharma/biotech. Looking back, there are some things that make Novartis unique:

Constant subpoenas for documents
    Lay-offs every 9 months
    Seeing good reps axed, lazy reps kept
    Re-mapping, matching to territories every year
    CIA
    Class action lawsuits
    Overtime nonsense
    Women in Leadership nonsense
    Women promoted just to avoid further lawsuits
    Paperwork, trackers
    Layers and layers of management
    Layers and layers of reps
    No accountability - absolutely none, even for pharma
    Sleazy management - if I had only documented all the shit we were directed to say!
    "Clinical Learning Days"
    NCN
    BS Plaques/Awards we handed out to clinicians
    "Management Development"
    Failed launches, failed compounds, after years of hype (Galvus, Prexige, Migranal, Lotrel, Ilaris, Zelnorm, Elidel, Starlix, Tekturna, Foradil, etc.)

Honestly, Novartis was never great. It sucked the whole time. I am embarrassed to tell others I worked here so long.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing different than any other large pharmaceutical company created by mega mergers of little companies, etc. we all experienced the same anxiety, pressure, nonsense, etc. Glad to be out of that horrible industry. Benefits were good as some people (not all) that about sums it up.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a fair and honest assessment.
    It's a business,..it'll "do" what it needs to "do".
    The "doers" simply move along or up :-(((((((

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After the merger NVS was always looked at as a 3rd stringer or "Tier 3 Target" lol
    You cut your teeth on their crappy meds & hoped to move on the a real pharma co
    like Pfizer , Merck , J&J , Eli, Roche, GSK or in it's heyday pushing Oxy for Purdue. That was peer respect & real $$$. That the whole industry sucks now doesn't negate the fact that NVS was barely a step above a CSO. They had their 15 minutes in the mid 2000's but by end of 2000's to current it's back to a better than unemployment status of a job
    Those that wax nostalgic for Ciba Geigy & Sandoz as somehow being any better are even more deluded. First off notorious cheapskates & secondly the purveyors of ritalin have corrupted an entire generation of youth . No wonder millennials are such slugs though you could have sold voltaren for 50 years I suppose

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh...lie about our #1 drug all over the world...make up studies...make up outcomes, pay the docs to use our medicines and be consultants...have some idiot speak for us and pay him $1500 for canned talks when the doc does not know shit from shineola and he becomes a big writer cause he can't do without the money! Lie about the competitors studies and pay docs to use a drug before it is ever approved by the FDA (Galvus)! We had seeding studies and payola on the shelf before that drug was ever at the final committee meeting at the FDA! We were paying a doctor up front money plus a certain amount (usually $100) per patient to switch from an SFU to Galvus and to monitor the patients for 12 weeks! Sounds just like Lipitor...and then we got screwed by those little monkeys with an itchy scrotum! Oh Shit!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So to the fact and truthful. Amazing insight. Hello wake up people. Or then again you already know and just get the paycheck and shutup. I.e the nvs way.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having worked with small and big pharma, my experience at Novartis thus far has been very poor. Their recent launch of Cosentyx is a disaster to put it mildly. Their criteria for greatness is beyond low.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I can't wait for the next pres club trip to sit and listen to the bs spewed out to the 'best in class salespeople' attending such a prestigious event.....then go back home and wait to survive the next cleansing of those same folks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes!!!!
    Sadly hilarious
    "Here's your expensive, heavy, ugly piece of lucite award for your desk"
    "Now clear out that desk and get the hell out of here" !!
    "Next....."
    "We're number one..we're number one"!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The HQ launch team wasn't assembled based upon insight, wisdom, or experience. It was based on ass kissers and delusional elitists that think they did a great job!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I joined Novartis when we launched Gilenya. I remember reading this board and someone posted how it will be screwed from day one because of the lack of leadership, talent and recycled home office trash launching the drug doomed it from day one.... I figured just a troll posted it. Well, almost 5 years later....they were right. Take heed.... You guys are screwed! This place doesn't reward any true talent, thought or leadership....Look around. My ABL is a complete moron. Couldn't untie their own shoe without putting together a spread sheet. I should have stayed at Biogen.