Aptiom - The Turd in Sheeps Clothing

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmmm how do you think I know ?! Clueless idiot

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhhh, you're a UCB troll with nothing better to do then troll other company sites? That's my guess. Hope that helps and as always, you can keep the stool sample.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not saying this short strange completely launch botched Aptiom ride is completely over, but there will be a lot fewer of us riding the Aptiom bus after 2/12/15. That's a Thursday. If you sell Aptiom mark that date on your calendar.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what! no floater for valentines day?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel bad for the reps that left any position to leave and sell Aptiom. there were so many issues that could not be anticipated.

I do not recall hearing in the interview that Aptiom was only licensed to Sunovion from Bial. Aptiom is not a Sunovion product (contract sales job anyone?)

bad marketing- not only was the initial messaging confused but the marketing materials were terrible (yes we are a new drug but not one piece of patient info references being new). Leave behinds were laughable.

failure to contract with managed care led to multiple step edits and prior auths. Physician - I was told that my patient has to fail generic tegretol and trileptal before they will approve Aptiom.

no sales data or incorrect sales data. What is the Q3 comp plan? Wait until Q4 and we will let you know.

Of course 2 of the primary people in this disaster of a launch have been promoted. BS now has a parachute in the event of Sunovion giving up on Aptiom. Yes, put him in charge of 3 drugs not just Aptiom. CF from marketing to ASD, please.

and the reps hearing about call averages, effective openers, Super Targets lists etc. you deserved better.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have no fear, "the gishman" is here! Latuda missed the number its first year and one I took over it has exceeded goal every year. The future is bright for all of you but you must trust me! Swoooosh!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every pharma company has the same complaints about numbers. You'd think by now it would have sunk in that majority of it is projected. They say its not but it is. No matter the source is will never match a pharmacy report.

Did you think this company would be any different? Ill admit the people and process here is crap but the data was crap before you added the people mess to it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sippy getting promoted is a meaningless transition. Still a $hithole of a company. Being king $hit of dung hill isn't exactly worth anything when he's out there trying to look for another job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you people go to work everyday? How can you tell doctors this is a new compound when everyone in the medical community knows it is oxcarb. How can you tell doctors it is more tolerable when the AE profile is garbage. How ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The biggest joke: Aptiom has parity restriction access to Vimpat!! It does not. Look at all the regional plans where it is PA'd or ST'd and Vimpat is unrestricted. That is the problem. Along with we are nothing more than a super expensive Oxcarb. I was sold a bill of goods to come over here to promote this horrible product. I should have never left my previous company.

How long until we are all let go?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ADs have a plan, new contract strategy rolling out

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No contracting or improved managed care changes will help Aptiom at this point. Physicians have determined where they place Aptiom, good luck going into the offices telling the physicians and staff about improved formulary. As anyone selling Aptiom can tell you, the physicians have tuned out.

In addition, we previously told them of Aptiom having good coverage and that was not correct. Now we may be going back to the same physicians with a new story.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh me oh my. Good luck us getting any contracts with managed care customers for Aptiom even if we are able to give them like an 85% rebate. It's too late. We had a chance to go in aggressive with pricing. Plans wanted us to. They gave us RFPs and we said, "NO. We are not contracting". I hear that was determined by the head of managed markets and the contract pricing director and drilled into the account directors. I even think the contracting director won some big award for coming up with that "strategy". (Side bar: who the hell gets and award for a strategy before it is even implemented and proven effective???) So... it was an idiotic strategy that has screwed us with Aptiom.

Think about it. Aptiom came out in the same time frame as a couple other AEDs (fycompa...) and plan were reviewing the class. They said best and final offer and they will not be reopening the class again for "a while". We said no contract. They said you are a foolish company. Aptiom sales sucked and are still sucking. Great strategy managed markets. You guys rule. Idiots!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with all of the above. The response will be blame the reps. As with most failed product launches:
    The reps are not giving the proper messaging
    Reps are not calling on the correct customers
    Reach and frequency need to be increased.
    Reps are not closing for specific patient types
    Reps are not adequately using resources

It can not be Aptiom, managed care, lack of contracting, bad initial marketing materials
    a confusion in initial messaging, physician disinterest.

Blame the reps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the latest weekly numbers say....... APTIOM IS STILL SUCKING!! Drop in NRx's over the most recent 3 week period! Holy SH!T. When's this puppy getting pulled? Maybe the Brovana reps with all their great relationships with pulmonologists and allergy/asthma doc's (WTF, BTW. Who's bright idea was that one) will bend the trend line. Ya, that's the ticket. They'll do a great job getting the Aptiom numbers up. They'll bring in a special guest to offices. Like... Morgan Fairchild. Ya, that's the ticket alright.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO post!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's getting very hard to stay motivated to sell this product. So many people quitting or looking. Could someone please give us some reassurance that things will get better for this product? No one in motivated. Everyone just calling each other on their cell phones complaining all day. Please. Someone throw us a life line here!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I called our new VP of sales Mr G-Man and asked for any advice he had on how to turn things around. He said SWOOOOSH!! What does that mean? Serious replies only!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not recall anyone saying that Sunovion is the only company out there. I get called weekly about other opportunities. Almost any company that you go to will have better products, better managed care, real management, opportunities, a pipeline.

You can wait around, sell a bad product and wait for the e-mail or phone call telling you that you are done or you can look around, ask good questions and leave on your terms.

i am looking to leave before the entire Aptiom salesforce is cut and there are over 100 + more reps looking for jobs in addition to the people just cut and UCB and soon to be cut from Eisai.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know, but Sunovion pays so well. I couldn't even think about making what I make here in base at any other company. I'd have to take at least a $25,000 pay cut in my base pay. Probably more like 30 to 35K cut in base. I guess I just have to suck it up here until we are chopped. That's ok though. It's not like I work more than 20 hours a week.