Is Arestin kicking your ASS?

Discussion in 'CollaGenex' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2004 at 12:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it's kicking mine in my area. Anyone encountering huge issues if so how are you dealing with it? I hate seeing their saab's, huge salaries and product lit everywhere....ARGHHHH.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's 12:50 in the afternoon.........maybe if you were out working you wouldn't be worried about why they are kicking your ass!
    But.......CG isn't assisting us to build our business.......so we shouuld run away fast!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here...I'm on vacation thanks! That's why I'm online during the day this week.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spending your vacation on this website--get a life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the cost of your product? Break it down. Biggest complaints and best feedback from customers? My dad is a DDS. I'm an Abbott rep and no he does not want a rep to come in.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree...sounds fishy to me! We don't share that type of info!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hell i'll tell ya its not like that info is hard to get
    1 box (six syringes) $312
    3-5 boxes 250/box
    6 or more boxes $206/box
    cheaper for multiple sites than competitor

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Ive worked for big pharma for a long time - I am thrilled to call on dentists!
    For the person who thinks they are not being supported: GO WORK FOR BIG PHARMA, CALL ON PHYSICIANS. You'll be back.
    For the person who complains that Arestin is kicking their ass: Most reps complain that other products are kicking their ass. The difference between a successful and an unsuccessful rep is attitude and work ethic. All products have competitors, whether real or perceived.
    For both complainers: Atridox is simply a superior product, all the way around. You can't get a puffed powder down deep down in the pockets. And, Atridox saves the patient money plus, if the dentist could see the numbers, he/she would clearly see the profitability with Atridox. Dentists seem to want whatever is easier, even if it only saves them 60 seconds. What good is it to save time and compromise efficacy? That's just a couple of advantages. It's your job to show that.
    Now, get out and make it work.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are no head to head studies comparing efficacy. Where is this information coming from?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's evidence that Atridox gets to the base of the pocket and Arestin doesn't? If Arestin isn't efficacious why does it have 90% of the market? Is it that they are just better reps?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, they own the market because that is all they sell... which represents 100% of thier bonus. CGPI reps get crap for selling Atridox. If it was a commission based product it may actually get sold, but CGPI managment has no experience in anything like this, so they follow the mold. The mold seems to be failing. [​IMG]

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

be careful about bashing management look at Orapharma's leadership on the JNJ board.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the idiot if you think depth does not matter. Why then do some products improve pocket depth and others clinical attachment? You can only get clinical attachement by eradicating the gram negative, anerobic bacteria that is hard to find and hard to kill. Thus, depth matters. Go back to your training manual.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is call clinical attachment gain. If the medication does not eliminate the bacteria at the base of the pocket, attachment will not occur. Atridox is the only LAA to have proven attachment gain, read the studies! This alone makes it superior.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is called clinical attachment gain. If the medication does not eliminate the bacteria at the base of the pocket, attachment will not occur. Atridox is the only LAA to have proven attachment gain, read the studies! This alone makes it superior.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't both products result in improved pocket depth reduction? And you can't have improvements in pocket depth reduction without gains in clinical attachment since these two paramaters are related, right? It is easy to see then that Arestin must also result in gains in clinical attachment (which is exactly what dentists have pointed out to me).

And regarding our claim that 'Atridox gets deeper in the pocket so it must be better at killing the bad bacteria'--isn't a pocket a single, continuous space? If it isn't then how are we able to measure the concentration of Atridox within the pocket (follow your own advice and check the training binder); in the PI we talk about the levels of doxy in the pocket but don't specify if this concentration is in the bottom, middle, or top of the pocket. So does it really matter? Again, a DDS explained this to me by saying, "Picture a pocket like a glass of water, whatever you put in there ends up getting distributed throughout the entire pocket eventually."

Look, I'm sure that you hear these same objections from your docs and I'm just very frustrated b/c when I trot these answers out that aren't supported by good science, I lose credibility--and HQ doesn't seem to have the answers either.

...and yes, I am getting my ass kicked.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

while pocket depth and clinical attachment gain are often related you can get pocket depth reduction with out attachment gain. hygenist and gd measure pd. if you have red swollen gums the pocket can appear deeper than it actually is and conversly if them gums are not swollen but you have attacment loss you can appear to have very small pockets therefore technically clinical attachment level is more important than pocket depth. if that doesn't make sense you need to have some one explain it to you in person because it is important especially because atridox is the only laa with the attachment level gain indication. how sad is this that i understand and can explain this and i was one of the ones laid off, while some who clearly don't get it are still working for collagenex. and I know people will respond after this about why do i care and why am i on the board but i have to admit i am a little addicted to reading all the crazy posts (yes I know it is sad lol) good luck all

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know you can have minimal pocket depth reduction w/o attachment gain in cases where you have pseudopocketing. Again, in the long term, the two parameters are related and you can't have one without the other.

So I do 'get it,' but my customers don't seem to. When they ask why or how Atridox shows clinical attachment level gains but PerioChip or Arestin do not, I tell them b/c our product gets deeper in the pocket. That is when I got the "pocket is like a glass of water, whatever you put in eventually gets distributed throughout" explanation from that smarmy dentist.

Is there any other reason then that Atridox causes gain in CAL but the competition does not?