MSBU Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2015 at 7:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok we get it, he sucks. There's only been 100 posts on this subject and I'm pretty sure anyone that comes on this site is aware. Let's move on

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really don't understand. Ed SUCKS. I repeat. Ed SUCKS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very true. I am looking for a new job as we speak. NVS does not care about us

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

comes down to a question of value. Let's face it we have very limited access and, even with a lunch, we are looking at 2-3 minutes tops. Neurologists do not see any value in U.S. Regurgitating the same message that they already know.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genentech will be hiring very soon. I will leave if I can get the job or I will go somewhere else. MSBU will never change everyone is checked out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not put your head in the sand. The saying is a zebra does not change its stripes. All the indicators for a downsize or full layoff are repeating themselves based on how Novartis has done so in the past. As it will going forward. Open positions not filled, white areas expanded. Senior mgmt leaving, changes in marketing dept. you can do a couple of things.. Ride the train until the end, take a severance and hopefully you also have a pension. Or if you are a short timer, start moving forward now for a position somewhere else. If the division is closed, do not think that Novartis will be helpful to find a position in the company. Yes, there will be wonderful "family" talk ... But you will be let go.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so. A freaking monkey can do this job. Six figure salary, bonus, expense acct, benes, car, 2-3 day work week, if you call catering breakfast, lunch, dinner and showing up half the time, work...just a pain in the ass. I'm going to ride this horse until it drops.
    You, little boy, won't last more than 10 yrs in this business; I've been here 32 years and loving every minute of this gravy train.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gravy train ends September 1st.... Enjoy the short ride.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing how top down management hasn't worked.....and they still haven't learned.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you haven't started looking I advise you to do so soon..... A lot of shuffling in top positions, home office is buzzing about who's next and all my sources are telling me to get interviewing if you're in a smaller territory, have a partner, etc... Watch your managers close, they'll start pushing people out for stupid reasons to avoid a severance package..... The ball is rolling as will heads in the next few months.......this place has no problem tossing you out on the street. It's all in their history.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people left the MSBU this month so far? 15 days in..... I can't wait to get out of here, it's toxic.... Interviews all next week... Can't wait to role play at our meeting..... Bahahahaha!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our new leader sucks no wonder people are leaving. I will enjoy my summer then F this place.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who has left and where have they gone???

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 in Northeast gone

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people have left the Philly team over the past 6 months. How does this guy still have a job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If any outside candidates are thinking about the Philly openings under Ed you better do your homework. It is a horrible work environment. If there were opportunities elsewhere every single person on this team would leave today. It doesn't matter if this position pays $30,000 more than your current position. It is not worth it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR needs to be blamed.They know about Ed's tactics and choose to ignore it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First time in my career that my goal is to leave. I have not seen this degree of micromanagement ever. Insulting.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The level of malcontent is insane here... Everyone I talk to is miserable and trying to leave. It's nuts....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Micromanaging and high goals are no problem. Just keep plugging away and LET THEM lay you off.

The severance package with accelerated stock option granting, vacation pay, etc., is very lucrative....You can't make that type of money in a short time span anywhere else.....the BS here is a small price to pay for a lucrative pay off either in September or most likely December (as this company is notorious for laying off in December) - that's been the preferred time for 4 of the last 6 years.