What's the underlying message to the emails

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2015 at 8:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So we get an email about retirement and voluntary severance this week and now email from chairman says that he is "aware of the challenges we will face in 2015" after making comments on trying to promote a positive work environment. Whats going on? Something's not being said but is def known.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting...I was a 2014 casualty, but with my age and many years of service enabling me to retire. We were not given the "option" to take voluntary severance or early retirement. Is that what the emails are addressing. Just curious..... thanks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division are you in?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was sent to all 3 business units

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an easy way to get the old timers (that make too much money in their eyes) to leave and not incur possible age discrimination cases if they have lay them all off....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to me if you get rid of some of the layers of useless upper management in useless token jobs we might actually not only save cash but become a little more efficient. I dunno. Just a thought.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take me to the magic of the moment
    On a glory night
    Where the children of tomorrow dream away
    in the wind of change

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting approach, being an option. I, too, was a 2014 casualty, now happily retired from a long career in development.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never saw that email who sent it Im ready to retire

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is what it is. There is no secret to the email sent out. Get your resume updated. What else do they have to tell you that the time in near.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please no BS ..... who sent an email about voluntary severance? I would like to put my name in!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Message came yesterday from human resources caryn parlavecchio

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Oncology here never got it and there is no caryn Palavechio what business units or can you post the letter please!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It only pertains to headquarter based gen meds associates

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its corporate speak for 'wish more of you would leave, please, really its not a problem...you're probably tired and bored anyway..see the world! get out of here you crazy guys...promise not to miss you'