Salary for Derm

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's salary and commission goal for Derm division? Interviewing next week.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll let you know if you make it that far but be prepared to share your W2.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on your experience. Under 5 yrs experience, don't accept anything less than $110k base.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Minus about 25k and then you're in the ball park.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're employed elsewhere, you may want to consider staying there. They don't pay nearly as much as other Derm companies and this division is so so at best. You def would not get $110k here but that is standard at other Derm companies with experience. Salary and bonus total you could possibly make roughly $105k. Again that's not alot compared to other companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also got an email about an interview. Hadn't called them back yet to confirm. What's average bonus/commission pay out 30 min outside major city on the east coast?! Stocks? No derm experience but have 3 and a half yrs of experience in pharma industry.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base in low to mid 70s and bonus low to mid 20s. NVS making push to hire PCP reps with 3-5 years exp specifically so they don't have to pay high salary demands of exp reps. NVS using this same practice in MS and Onc divisions as well. Rather than have to fork out 150k specialty packages, they hire PCP for 90-100k packages.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, NVS micro mgmt just like PCP. Most true specialty reps there are looking to get out. Chances are the Derm position you're looking was vacated due to rep burn out and low pay.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above 2 posts are pretty accurate. I work in the division and make low 100's MAX and this is TOTAL! I came from a PCP background as well. It really depends what you're looking for. To be honest, coming from a PCP, it was more so a lateral move as I couldn't stand to be at my previous company any longer. I left bc of my manager and the DM here is ok, no issues so far. But the posts are right, this pay here isn't a 'true' specialty nor is it a 'true' Dermatology division. You make slightly more than a PCP rep at another big pharma although I know some PCP reps in big pharma who make more than myself. If you're ok with that then go for it but NVS definitely does not pay reps $150k+ you find with some Derm/Biotech companies.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad I found this forum. Couldnt find the Dermatology forum anywhere. Does derm division give stock options? Do they require signatures on every call even if not leaving samples? This is just what ive heard in this division. Wondering if any truth to it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey dipshits, the "derm" division isn't even hired yet and there is no product yet. I don't know where this shit comes from. Go apply at McDonalds. NVS doesn't need you. My 12 year old kid could get access into a derm office and sell to them. Derms are EASY.

On the other hand and to be fair, if you are all full of shit, you may work out because NVS hired all Galderma, so being full shit is standard now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could be wrong, but I think the posts are talking about two different divisions. There is the new Novartis derm division, that will be selling the IL 17 product. That division is just getting off the ground and reps are just now getting offers. Then I think Sandoz has a derm division, not sure what products they have, but think they are hiring for some derm/podiatry positions. I suspect the starting salary for the new Novartis division is much higher then what Sandoz will pay. I think most of the posts, in this thread, are referring to the Sandoz jobs.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. NVS tries to hire their on PCP reps into specialty cuz it's consider a marram move and their is no increase in grade level or pay. Welcome aboard.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry Auto spell check. Should read lateral move.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I ask why anyone in their right mind would come to this website as a source of accurate information? I am always amazed at the misinformation that is spread and what people believe is accurate. It is truly comical. If you want to do your homework, please consider other venues. Cafe pharma is better for disgruntled employees and those just looking for some entertainment from reading these completely misguided posts.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw a few postings in my area as well under Sandoz. What's the salary range, commission and benefits is for these positions? These are the derm/podiatry expansions I believe. Thanks in advance.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn pal, at least read the thread before posting a redundant questions. Tool

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stfu you moron and get back in that sample closet and count those samples..Idiot!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For Sandoz? This seems awfully low for a Derm position. I am making more base in PC now. How much are you all making in bonus? I assume a much higher bonus quarterly?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that was a guess for less than 5 years of experience making $85k, right? If you're in PC with less than 5 years of experience and you're higher than that, you're doing really well based on what I've heard.