Buh Bye Diovan

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UPDATE: Ranbaxy's generic of Novartis blockbuster Diovan approved for launch

Approval good, a hit to Novartis but good news for Ranbaxy buyer Sun Pharmaceutical
    June 26, 2014 | By Eric Palmer

The long-delayed and highly anticipated launch of generic Diovan is on the way, which is a bummer for Novartis ($NVS) and a huge boost for Indian drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories. It is also validation for the decision by Sun Pharmaceutical's owner, billionaire Dilip Shanghvi, who struck a $3.2 billion deal to buy Ranbaxy despite its years of FDA entanglements over quality issues.

Reuters reported that the FDA has approved the drug, and sources tell Indian media that Ranbaxy will be launching its generic of the blockbuster blood pressure drug "immediately."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis is SCREWED! Their big cash cow is gone.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pity to those poor fools expected to pick up the slack. Major down sizing expected.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is bad, the PC unit just lost a ton of cash. But don't worry we have plan to promote another drug just looking for the right opportunity. We still have Exelon Patch to sell hang in there. Maybe they will find a home office job for the entire sale force like they do with the managers. How some of these managers get moved inside I don't understand.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Divan helped me provide a nice living for my family until I left Novartis in 2012. It was a good run. Farewell Diovan. Enjoyed selling a product that was viewed as best in class. Great drug that has helped many people and will help even more as a low cost generic.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I still have my Diovan watch. Heck it could be worth something..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i still remember the dancing ARBs and terry bradshaw mispronuncing deeovan at the launch meeting. did all this 60 days after the merger of ciba and sandoz. fun time was had by all