Latuda Data Issues-- HR PLEASE LISTEN

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Oct 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AVERY- KB - GISH

LISTEN UP:

Not a hater here. Only here for a few years. Actually like this place, and fully convinced all of pharma is fd up and this place is as good, or bad, as anywhere else; and I'm a Gish fan. however----

THIS RESPONSIBILITY LIES ON LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE AND HR TO SET THE TONE TO THE SALES LEADERSHIP ON THE KIND OF PRESSURE THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO PUT ON US… pressure like this leads to reps taking risks they shouldn't be to taking make numbers.

Yet again, another identified issues with data that basically illustrates that at the very least Q1 and Q2 quotas were wrong ! (which means past quarters were as well I'm sure, but that's history)..

I get it, and believe, probably not our fault as all these vendors suck, and this is a hard thing to get right with all the scrubbing we need to do to stay compliant; I get it
    (though we should work on better internal checks and balances for our vendors)

Here is my problem and I wish HR or compliance would have a chat with the sales leaders in this place.

As a rep, when I am "close" to goal in a given quarter, like 96%, wouldn't it be REASONABLE to assume that MAYBE, just MAYBE, there is at LEAST a 4% variable in the number that warrants my manager to LEAVE ME THE F ALONE ?? and NOT put that quarter in his mental category of "DIDN'T MAKE QUOTA", and THROW IT IN MY FACE AT EVERY TURN, A YEAR LATER.. AND ALWAYS say to me "Well, you 'DIDNT MAKE QUOTA 5 of the LAST 9 QUARTERS and… blah blah blah… ?? GIVE ME A BREAK.. the latest variance was like up to 10 % for some territories I heard !! I am not sure if this is rolling down from GISH, or the ASD, or my manager is the spark, but GIVE ME AN FN BREAK !!!

For christ sake, LAST YEAR, AND EVERY YEAR, PEOPLE END UP GETTING AE's for like 90 % for the year !!!! (thanks for that) So why are we talking performance plans when someone is missing quota by a few points ??!! Just motivate me.. coach me.. help me sell compliantly.. and LET ME GO TO WORK !! What we do IS HARD to do well.. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Now don't get me wrong, the managers are smart and will not PIP for "numbers".. they will identify a competency or lack of effort for the PIP.. AND, honestly, I do believe most PIPs don't lead to firing, but WHY THE HARD SELL BULLSHIT !!!

THE PROBLEM IS .. MANAGERS ARE STARTING.. or being told to start.. THE CONVERSATIONS WHEN PEOPLE ARE MISSING QUOTA BY MARGINS MUCH SMALLER THAN THE IDENTIFIED VARIANCES !!! AND, apparently, when the RBM's push back, the ASD's, or NSD, keep digging and pushing until the manager "identifies competencies" that are lacking.. that' s BULLSHIT.

If my direct manager isn't seeing it blatantly on field rides, who the hell is the ASD, or NSD, to "fish" and pressure for them to find it ? THAT IS MY PROBLEM. and again.. WHEN REPS ARE LIKE in the high 90's MOST OF THE TIME !!! If a rep is like 60% to plan forever. I get it.

CLEARLY the data is F'd UP .. IF THEY SCRUB ALL THE DATA .. meaning Latuda and the Competition, FOR OUR APPROVED INDICATIONS, HOW IS THERE SO MUCH ABILIFY IN OUR NUMBERS ??? Is that ALL SCHIZOPHRENIA ?? NO WAY !!! SO, THAT BAD SCRUBBING means more MARKET SCRIPTS in the FORMULA to determine quotas. flawed growth history.. AND.. our MANAGERS USE THOSE now screwed up share reflections to gauge our effectiveness from a share and share growth perspective (NOT for ICP, but for praise and grief, and to track managed care initiative progress.. and identify "COMPETENCY ISSUES based on comparative growth … think "25 - 25")

WHAT WE NEED : GISH, LEGAL, HR and COMPLIANCE .. PLEASE LAY IT ON THE LINE FOR THE SALES LEADERSHIP.. (ASD, RBM)

IF A REP WAS or IS LIKE 96 %.. and YOU DON'T SEE SOME GLARING COMPETENCY OR ACTIVITY ISSUE .. STOP FISHING FOR IT… STOP CALLING IT A "didn't make plan quarter" AND FISHING FOR AN ISSUE TO START "performance management".. STOP BRINGING UP MISSED QUARTERS FROM a YEAR AGO !!! THEY YEAR IS OVER.. I GOT AN AE… MOVE ON !!!

SHOULD A MISSED QUARTER or TWO IN 2013, by 5 %, AFTER A REP GOT AN AE for the YEAR.. COME BACK TO HAUNT THEM.. AND BE USED TO SAY THEY HAVEN'T MADE QUOTA IN x of 8 QUARTERS ??? I DONT GET IT !!!

My manager is very up front.. HIS ASD STARTS THE CONVERSATION ON "Quarters not making quota.. like 97% and under.. AND IS RELENTLESS UNTIL THE RBM "finds" competency issues.. FOR 97% !!!???? And AGAIN.. FROM QUARTERS THAT ARE DONE.. AND PART OF A YEAR THE REP GOT AN AE !!! It's OVER !!! AGAIN, I REALLY don't think it is a witch hunt. I really believe it is a screwed up sense of what will truly turn things around.. MORE PRESSURE: it's flawed logic.

Are we really looking for the competency short fall that lead to 10 less RX's in a QUARTER ??? WHAT A WASTE OF TIME !!!

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. EVERYONE needs development- that is the mantra around here. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - GISH- Talk to your people and STOP THE CONVERSATIONS around "PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT" for historical quarters where people were 96 % to plan--- let's move on.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your manager is tormenting you because you've been 96% to goal, they probably have issues with you other than that 4% and you should probably be looking for another job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compelling insight, but understand keeping you on edge is the goal.
    If your unsure of your situation it's much easier to get a rep to go off label to make up the 4%.
    Constantly being told your not making it, (even in the #'s are off) creates the pressure.
    When you are in the situation with a provider of being compliant or trying to get 1 more Nrx,
    The company wins! You give in and put yourself at risk or Sunovion management puts you on a PIP.
    How many MIRF's would you actually have if you submitted one each time you were asked an off label question? Half your calls? Ever get asked about BP2 or mania?
    Management never reviews compliance when managing performance.
    Your told no excuses, make your numbers or else.
    If you turn to HR or legal for help, remember in goes down hill.
    You will lose.
    Sometimes the company will seperate the ASD latter, but you are long gone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wheels are quickly coming off the Latuda bus. Morale is bad, weak ASD team of puppets who are afraid to stand up to the lead singer. The data issues have existed since day 1 and should be fixed. That however would require leadership. Now carry on and don't forget Play To Win

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Play" to win.
    Code for playing with compliance.

Anything to win.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh grow up and grow a pair will ya?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats right you pay you enough to keep your mouth shut!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not right. Nobody pushing anyone to be non compliant. That's a cop out. If you think that you are being pushed off label then get a big whistle and blow. Otherwise find another toilet to flush yourself down.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be naive, everyone you are asking for help, already knows of the "problems". Blaming the data is hilarious. This is just a classic example of corporate greed. What you are asking to be "fixed" or solved is intentional.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called a stretch goal. Or quota

Find a way to stretch your sales.

No excuses!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very well said! If you worked as hard as Timmy and Tony, you would be with us in Japan!! Stretch yourself and drive sales! I hope you all are enjoying your pay checks and free gas!

Gishman

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Invega had sales of $583 million in 2013, up 6% from the prior year. Invega Sustenna performed much better, with revenue of $1.25 billion compared to $796 million last year. The two drugs made up 6.5% of the company’s total sales in fiscal year 2013.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR here. We don't care. You are expendable. If you don't like it here leave.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who uses data in this company, you dumbass? If they actually used data, you'd think we'd be peddling the shitty products we have now or invested in the useless pipeline we have?