Vimpat Monotherapy

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vimpat will be launching its monotherapy indication in June. Cleaner, safer, better efficacy and great formulary coverage. On target for 500M in sales for 2014. That is the real problem that Aptiom will face.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from a friend who got interviewed but turned down the offer that the patent expiration for Aptiom is 2018. Is that true?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you should get a job selling Vimpat instead. Good luck with that!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Early 2018, yep useless as a Brovana hospital rep LOL- sorry but true!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So? Get another job in 2.5 years.....what's the big deal? No one stays anywhere that long anymore

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vimpat mono study

http://www.aesnet.org/go/publications/aes-abstracts/abstract-search/mode/display/st/lacosamide%20conversion/sy/2013/sb/All/id/1749157

Aptiom mono study

http://www.aesnet.org/go/publications/aes-abstracts/abstract-search/mode/display/st/eslicarbazepine%20acetate/sy/2013/sb/All/id/1750226

% of Vimpat 400 mg patients who exited due to lack of efficacy: 30%
    % of Aptiom 1600mg patients who exited due to lack of efficacy: 12.8%
    % of Aptiom 1200mg patients who exited due to lack of efficacy: 15.6%

% of Vimpat 400mg patients who discontinued due to adverse events: 17.6%
    % of Vimpat 300mg patients who discontinued due to adverse events: 15.1%
    % of Aptiom 1600mg patients who discontinued due to adverse events: 7.9%
    % of Aptiom 1200mg patients who discontinued due to adverse events: 1.7%

I will let you be the judge of which product has a problem.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. You need to get a life. You haven't even started working here yet you nerd.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called having done research.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And it is also called "dork"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ouch!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally meaningless. From a marketing standpoint anybody knows that unless you have a well designed and approved comparative trial between both Vimpat and Aptiom, that you are prohibited from making any comparisons. Common sense alone would tell you that making/reaching any comparative conclusions between two different AEDs, from two different studies, with different patient populations, and different mix of concomitant AEDs, and different...etc.... is totally invalid.
    OUCH! Go back to your drawing board.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I assure you the loon who posted all that data has no interest in facts. He likely knows you don't compare results from studies but does not care. He is a flame throwing troll and that is all he will ever be.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What world are you people living in? Of course medical professionals compare primary and secondary endpoints from one study to the next. More importantly P&T committees of local regional and national managed care companies, hospitals, employer groups etc do it all the time to choose one product over the other for formualry decisions. In fact, this also happens in medical devices as well. You people are just plain IDIOTS! Seriously, do you think there is a reason this place is probably one of the worst places in pharma to be right now? Do you think there is any correlation to that and idiots like above? How do you even post such things that have 0 merit and are completely inaccurate and opposite of the business.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to side with Vimpat on this one. I am not a pharmer but they do visit me every single day ughh. I was approached by Sunovion to speak on Aptiom, excited until I saw the kinetics. This is a QD IR!!! The fluctuations are unspeakable. Repackage this and send it to China.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you saying this drug is not a true QD drug?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, let me get this straight.

Someone STARTS a thread on Sunovion's board with claims about how because of Vimpat monotherapy coming it "is cleaner, safer, better efficacy" and is the "real problem that Aptiom will face" with nothing to back it up.

Some geek replies with a comparison of Vimpat and Aptioms' monotherapy data, which, agreed, probably can't be compared side by side, but doesn't actually claim anything other than "I'll let you be the judge."

And now the Aptiom geek is a "loon" and "flame throwing troll."

Conclusion: sounds to me like the Aptiom geek struck a nerve with a Vimpat troll.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Approved by the FDA with dissention? I will not expose my patients to this quack of a product.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Also sounds like the Vimpat troll is baiting for info. Do not feed the animals.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look I don't work here and I actually will be competing against this drug. But honestly, you lost all credibility with that last sentence and you're probably just trolling.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your lack of awareness and common sense is the reason why you did not receive an offer. Good luck with the cough and cold meds and you can keep the stool sample!