STAR Format - Neurology Interviews

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 7, 2014 at 6:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bulk of your interviews will consist of several (five or six) questions that are in the STAR format. Read more here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situation,_Task,_Action,_Result

If I were you, I would Google a list of STAR questions as the interviewers will look at several pages of potential questions and decide on the spot which ones they will use. They will range from "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond or, when you had an angry customer, or how about a time when you had a conflict at work."

All these questions need to be answered in the STAR format. Try to think of specific examples because they will challenge you if you try to speak in generalizations. If you are savvy enough, you can speak in general terms while you collect your thoughts about something more specific.

The second most important part of the interview will consist of 10 to 20 minutes discussing the study.

As you know, having a visual aid (brag book) always helps. Answer questions by pointing out specific examples in your book. They will love that. Don't be discouraged if they show no interest at all in your book either. It's more important that you came prepared.

Finally, ABC. ALWAYS BE CLOSING. No close, no job, period. Trial close throughout the interview and wrap it all up in a bow at the end by asking for the job. They will tell you they have to interview other candidates. Tell them you respect that, but recap with four or five reasons they should hire you. This is important because during your second interview with the sales director, you will need to revisit the four or five points as to why you are their candidate. This could be the only question the sales director will ask. Be prepared for anything.

Think of yourself as a presidential candidate in a debate and stick to your talking points.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funniest post in a long time!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stand in front of manager and say Aptiom has an amazing responder rate at the dose many can't tolerate. I know 20% dropped off the 1200mg dose and the 400mg dose was comparable to placebo, but we may have a slight benefit with 800mg dose. You don't have any comparisons to how this compares to generic trileptal, but maybe neuros will take the leap of faith and write for you a script per month. The company is relying on neurologists being scared of generics, but reality is that they are hesitant to SWITCH to a generic from a branded agent. They are not against starting a patient on generic trileptal though. Remember that these patients have to be on many meds. Do you think they are gonna pay $150 out of pocket for a drug not shown to be better than generic trileptal for a $10 copay? Truly think about it. This drug is not going to make it! Don't get sucked into the hype. Companies will tell you that the marketing team surveyed doctors and that they can't wait. Then you get into the field and see reality. Too late then! The company is not going to pay the rebates for better formulary coverage, and there are only 3 studies, one of which shows inconsistent efficacy. I walked away after researching this and urge others to do their homework before getting sucked into a shit storm!