77% of Docs surveyed prefer any other type of Sales Contact other than Reps

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Not surprised. The whole system is collapsing. Not only the bigpharma but also the whole American "dream" is going down the drain. The globalization and so called free market will do you in, as it will those who are the "brains" behind it.
    2008 was just a dry run for this coming collapse, so be prepared. How do you prepare? No one has the answer that is acceptable to current corporate mafia that rules your country. The good news is, that the next collapse will be the last for the rotten system and great beginning for the new one. Finally you'll be liberated and truly free.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This comment says more about the commenter rather than the actual situation. Big Pharma choosing to dump non-value add Reps isn't globalization. But hey, if it makes you sleep better go ahead and believe it.

The laws have been subsiding your parasitic asses for your so when you are cut off from the artery, you squeal like the little pigs that you always were.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has been an open secret for a long time - I have a good relationship with a significant percentage of my docs. Yes, mostly older, traditional but I schedule my time with them sparingly. A much larger percentage would sick the dogs on me if I could but I try and schedule time with them anyway. Most of my call data is simply made up. I'll let you guess who I take my manager to on ride alongs. I've been doing this 15 years and have been very coy when approached with promotions to management. I have always been a top performer.

We all know that this Pharma Rep is a game the depends on having enough Docs in our territory in the former group and this is gradually and undeniably changing. How long we can maintain the current situation is anyone's guess. But currently, this number sounds about right to me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I was a doc,I would not tolerate reps. This so called industry is dead, been dying for at least 10 years. GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL BE OUT,

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that this is lost on the losers still hanging on here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma Reps are about as popular as rektal herpes.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much, but then the monies still good - and I have a small business on the side...it will keep me going should my job suddenly, and without warning...end. Let it roll.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope, really hope that parasites like you are all in a position someday to have to depend on "small businesses on the side".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey - cool! Thanks! Mine is rolling along nicely - NVS cash is cushion ;-)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this include Jake from State Farm?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma companies are paying big bucks to consultants to tell them how to 'reach' their customers..this article is just another confirmation of what reps knew 10 years ago (took awhile for this to filter up the corporate tower)..40% ban rep, 80% limit access sounds about right (probably low for a lot of reps)...DMs seeing the same 7 offices on every ride along? you bet!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha. I know - we were joking since she's always flying to the same accounts -- might as well just do the selling and I could go do the milk runs else where.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just had this discussion with 2 of my doctors yesterday...

Older physicians...that have been in practice prefer direct contact...anyone post that era prefer searching out their own info. New doctors are paid a salary, and want to turn out the patients like cars on an assembly line. They've walked away from the true focus on patient care. This is why the Walmarts of the world have started employing PAs to see patients in house, and turn them out with a no brainer Meds...

NO ONE PREFERS PHONE... ask your doctors... That is fact. And direct Mail ends up in the garbage...I see it with my own eyes when they junk everything that resembles it.

This is why more tenured reps are being paid for established relationships because they can still get "some" level access over the newbies... I foresee all companies going to Contract reps to complement/supplement current corporate driven marketing efforts... They will be tenured, experienced, well-established reps with severely diminished salaries... And at that rate...we'd take what we can get...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only problem is that "old docs" write scripts for medications that are being phased out. Pharma made a deal so that you and your "relationships" have an expiration date. Let's just hope that you get to retire before that.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it didn't take 10 years to figure this out . . . we've been selling this shit to your companies for the last 10 years along with plans to fire your asses. What don't you believe? That the ratio of sales $'s to Sale Rep hasn't been increasing? I'll let you mathematically challenged chumps guess why? If you pay fewer Reps to make fewer calls to Dr's that will see them then the ratio increases. If you can convince Pharma Mgmt that some version is the plan that they should pay you for year after year you are a successful consultant. Then, as a result, not only does the ratio of Sales $'s to Sales Rep head increase and you do it smartly (from the company's POV) then the profit $'s per Rep's head also increases.

QED - you guys are the chumps that guys like me make LOTS of money convincing your company that they need ever less of you each year.

Let me summarize: The facts of this poll = "Clark from State Farm" making lots o' $'s helping your employers shove your sorry parasitic asses out de door.

And thanks to Obamicare, I have business for the next 10 years while you chumps have less!

hahahahahaha!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are such a coward. As a worthless consultant, you feast as a parasite yourself on worthless senior management who have minimal ideas on driving organic growth and seek to avoid responsibility by outsourcing decision making to equally clueless entities such as yourself. You could never assist with organic growth within this industry because you have no clue how that part of the business works. All you can offer are the ratios and MBA lingo that you studied in financial management which sounds good and allows senior management to justify their inflated salaries as well as giving you something to do. BTW, its Obamacare moron. Very underwhelming.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any organic growth in US Pharma is overwhelmed, by far, by the pure waste that now supports most of the profits. And parasitic yes but not on the management on you. Most all you Reps are employed pushing drugs that are simply of no added-value. We simply help your leaders decide where they are and then your parasitic existence ends. You have no numbers, no reality on your side just empty claims about "organic growth". An idea that you cling to even though most of you are employed in a portion of the market that never had any.

If you sell a drug that competes with a generic - that was never organic growth. It was non-value added fraud.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obamacare could make Pharma salesforce reductions more significant and less complicated, so less need for swollen dog ticks like you.