Double-Dipping

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who all is actually resigning their prior position before coming over to Sunovion? Tuesday, Feb. 18th would be the day to give notice if there is any hope in starting during the first week of March as planned. That's a little tight to have the background check completed by then.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was double dipping with my tongue last night.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I share the same concern about providing notice too early.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand....really, I don't.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad part is what you really do not understand is that you are leaving your current company to come here for mere 5/8K more in base salary which is really peanuts. Unless you are in a bad situation with your current company the least of your worries is what you are posting about above. This place is completely toxic, demotivating, frustrating, angry, unprofessional and full of incompetent people in leadership positions. Save this post and re-read it in about 12 months and you will see where i am coming from.

I am not a disgruntled employee but a former employee who did ok here. I even did a rotation in corporate where things were 100x worse than in the field. Best of luck to all of the new people you are really going to need it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the input. Your post seems sincere. Two things, first I think most people are getting more than a 5 or 8k increase to come here. Secondly, do you think the epilepsy division will be a better experience than what you witnessed? Why or why not? Thanks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know the concern: I was President's Club at a good company and was hired away by another company. After I resigned my career position with 12 years seniority and a pension; the new hiring manager simply changed her mind and I was without a job for a good long time.
    That is the concern. The transition is often not smooth and the job market right now in our industry is very, very tough. You could easily be out of work for over a year.
    Just sayin'

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In pharma you're pretty much done as soon as you give notice. So I'd double dip at least until your background check comes back. I'd say you can pretty much do it until you're leaving for training. Why not double while you're on home study.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why? Because it's dishonest or unethical take your pick, but it looks like that doesn't matter to you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree with your above post however if you are double dipping to be sure the new job and background check all goes through as opposed to just trying to get more money there is a HUGE difference. Take care of family first hands down period.

If you think differently good for you. I hope your ethics and "honesty" will be able to be put into a form of a check to pay the mortgage, baby formula or the 10K doctor bill when you child needs to go to the hospital with no insurance. Good luck Ghandi.

BTW I will gladly teach my kids this same principle of thought and be proud when they follow the same thought pattern.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering previous situations where jobs in this industry have been rescinded right before or shortly after the hire date, I too would not give notice until it looks all clear. These giant pharma companies caused this behavior.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, but my response had to do with answering the question from the post above that asked, "why not double dip even when you are on home study". At that point the job has "come through" and in all likelihood the background check is complete andd at that point if you are double dipping, that's again, dishonest or unethical.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Just win baby." I`m not much into sports but I like what Bill Walsh of the 49ers once said.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Other side of the Bay, idiot.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long does the background check and drug screening take?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call a Brovana hospital rep, they are all demoted DMs

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Winning is something very foreign to you. Loser boy!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heads up folks, Sunovion HR will check with your current employer on 3-3. Double dip and you are gone from both places. Don't do it, it's not worth it. HR staff at all companies are very cozy with one another and reps pull this shi@ all the time. Also, pharma is a small world and people talk. Do the right thing and give notice to your current employer, don't dic@ around.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good advice. Hooray! Someone with integrity.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just make sure your offers are unconditional at the time of your resignation.