offers

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would think there is a cap at 120K for base pay offers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know what the district budget is for salaries (10 reps)? What is the average manager making in Neurology?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most offers going out have 5-10% increase of your current bAse. Be prepared to present proof of salary.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I have 10 years exp - 7 launches - sold AED_... was told I would hear from DM in 2 weeks (a back up) I am top 10% with current found awards....wonder how I didn't at least get DM-PI

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be a number of things:
    1) Your salary requirement is too high
    2) DM might have current award winning epi rep with extensive relationships, ahead of you.
    3) Maybe you sound like an a-hole or arrogant on the phone

etc.........

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such nasty people -your life must suck -,you appear to be the arrogant one

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This may be a fairly accurate post. I heard they came out with a nasal steroid last year and told the sales team they hired there was a big unmet need. Claimed they had numerous focus groups of doctors saying a "dry" (not sure what that means) is really needed in the market. The drug completely flopped and they fired the entire sales force after like 4 months. The drug was called Zentona. That could very likely happen with this drug so I'm going to make sure I get an offer of at least 10% higher than what I make now or there''s no way I'm going to take the risk. I have also heard the company is terrible at setting goals and if the numbers are way off they do nothing to make the reps whole. Actually heard the do the opposite. Let the rep know if numbers don't go up they will be gone. Call the Sunovion rep in your area and research. None I speak to seem all that happy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently selling in the epilepsy market and got called early on but told them I wasn't interested. Will neurologists write Aptiom? Of course they will, for various reasons. To me however, whether or not they will write this drug is not the question. The question is, how much will it be written? I heard some people are being told that this drug will be a blockbuster. Honestly, I don't see it - not even close. Now, it all depends on how you define blockbuster. I define it as a $1 billion of sales per year or more. Again I don't see it. As I posted on another thread, when you get right down to it, Aptiom is basically a once per day Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) with less side effects. Neurologists have had that for more than a year now. It's called Oxtellar XR. Comparing the two drugs, some side effects are slightly lower with Oxtellar and some are slightly lower with Aptiom. Efficacy won't really differ because once metabolized, both drugs are essentially the same. So when you get right down to it, I don't see what Aptiom is offering that Neurologists aren't already getting. I think if you want to gauge what this drug will do, a good place to start is to look at Oxtellar XR.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oxtitass XR isn't blockbuster material. Like the previous poster mentioned this is a good gauge of potential. Managers will tell you that Aptiom is far superior, that there is much fewer dizziness with Aptiom, that Sunovion has a much better sales force. Reality is that it is a me too drug with poor coverage and no real benefit for patient to get this over other options. Maybe it hits 60 million in sales first year, but it won't be enough for DSP. Japanese Mothership is not going to stand for poor performance. Watch the movie Gung Ho to see how Japanese companies run. Also, take a look at what has happened to the company since they took the reins. Not pretty! Wake up, snap out of the trance and research now before it's too late. I hate to see reps get sucked into terrible situations believing they have gold coming their way, only to find that the yellow is piss in your face coming from the company saying they have to layoff salesforce due to lack of sales.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck selling this as less dizziness than Oxtellar. First of all anybody who has sold in the epilepsy market knows that these drugs are notorious for causing dizziness. That is a given in this market. If you go out and tell doctors my drug has less dizziness and convince them of that, the perception is, "oh ok I'll put my patients on Aptiom and they won't get dizzy" and as soon as patients start complaining they're dizzy, which THEY WILL, well - bye, bye credibility.
    Secondly, anybody knows, absent a head to head, comparative study, you can't compare package inserts. But if you really want to engage in that ok let's take a look.

Dizziness
    Oxtellar XR 20% (1200mg) 41% (2400mg) 15% Placebo

Aptiom 20% (800mg) 28%(1200mg) 9% Placebo

So at the max dose Aptiom has less dizziness, but since these are different studies and different patients, let's at least adjust for placebo. 41% - 15% = 26% for Oxtellar and 28% - 9% = 19% for Aptiom. Wow, 26% vs. 19% that's not really significant enough to hang your hat on. At the lower doses you have 20% - 15% = 5% for Oxtellar and 20% - 9% = 11% for Aptiom. So at the lower dose Oxtellar wins. Again, good luck with the dizziness argument.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we are getting into details, some things to think about.

If you are familiar with treating patients suffering with epilepsy, you will know that how long you take to get up to a dose is very important, and that poorly tolerated drugs are generally titrated slower to try to reduce side effects.

The 2400mg Oxtellar side effects shown in its label are when you take 4 WEEKS to get to that dose. Time to get to Aptiom high dose in its label trials, 1 week. And low dose Aptiom, 1 week or, in one of the 3 studies, no weeks - right onto the 800mg as the first dose.

Oxtellar 1200mg was not effective as administered in its phase III trial, so the side effect rates shown are from a dose that, at least on average, did not work.

Finally, Oxtellar is 1200-2400, but the largest pill is 600mg, so you have to take at least two, if not a handful of pills, have to swallow them whole, and can't take them with food. Aptiom does not share these limitations.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aptiom had 20% dropout rate at 1200mg dose. 800mg is the preferred maintenance dose unless patient is desperate for additional efficacy. Therefore, oxtellar XR looks much better than Aptiom normal maintenance dose. Plus doctors already are familiar with Oxtellar XR for a while now.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we are getting into details, some things to think about.

If you are familiar with treating patients suffering with epilepsy, you will know that how long you take to get up to a dose is very important, and that poorly tolerated drugs are generally titrated slower to reduce side effects.

The 2400mg Oxtellar side effects shown in its label are when you take 4 WEEKS to get to that dose. Time to get to Aptiom high dose in its label trials, 1 week. And low dose Aptiom, 1 week or, in one of the studies, no weeks - right onto the 800mg as the first dose.

Oxtellar 1200mg was not effective as administered in its phase III trial, so the side effect rates shown are from a dose that, at least on average, did not work.

Finally, Oxtellar is 1200-2400, but the largest pill is 600mg, so you have to take at least two, if not a handful of pills, have to swallow them whole, and can't take them with food. Aptiom does not share these limitations.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aptiom was purchased from Bial prior to DSP purchasing Sepracor, which is now Sunovion. Sepracor also purchased the ciclesomide molecule from Nycomed. They bought these drugs at a VERY high Price and now finding it hard to just break even. Ciclesomide was launched as Omnaris, Zetonna , and Alvesco and failed miserably. The company had no leverage with rebates and put unrealistic goals on sales reps. The environment was very stressful and frustrating for everyone. Many reps received warning letters, PIP'd, and of course the layoffs.
    Now it's Aptiom's turn. Since the cost is high expect very heavy and stressful environment to perform NOW. Sunovion has it's challenges with capturing data and it's not an excuse when you don't hit your numbers. The Latuda sales division had this issue, but the company finally fessed up and apologized for it.
    Then again, it's the Pharma industry. EVERY company is going through this so if you get the opportunity just make the best of it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, fine. You make some valid points and taking you at your word, it appears Aptiom will have some advantages vs. Oxtellar XR if that is the way the doctor wants to go. However, I still stick to my contention that this is no blockbuster. In fact, as improved as Oxtellar XR is over generic oxcarbazebpine, generic oxcarb is outselling oxtellar by a very wide margin. Bottom line is this: this is a terrible disease and the patients who are afflicted with epilepsy suffer significantly. I think we can all agree that anything that improves their quality of life in any way is welcome. Also, jobs are created and that too is good. Good Luck.