Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see how things will be any different when we are GSK. GSK will ask the NV Global Heads of very important shit who they want to retain and promote. So same inflated titles, same every 9 month promotions, same people. Just new owner.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That depends. If one is truly top tier talent, you can easily be promoted every 9 months or skip multiple levels. In addition, one year previous consulting experience is worth 7 years in industry equivalents. So likely no problems finding new jobs and perhaps at an even higher level.[/QUOTE]

AO and Vas are both former consultants and they both are some of the biggest fuckups this place has ever seen. And Niru is a close 3rd.

So tell yourself anything that you have to to sleep at night.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly little people. GSK is not going to keep you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AO and Vas are both former consultants and they both are some of the biggest fuckups this place has ever seen. And Niru is a close 3rd.

They might be, however the higher ups consider Vas and Niru to be quite successful and worth keeping in Pharma. Those at the top must see something in them that you can't see

GSK will keep strong talent and that talent will be recommended by the higher ups at NVaccines

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly little people

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like many in this field, their academic pedigrees carry far more weight than actual results. Pharma is an elitist Ivy League , where background and connections rein supreme above all else. And the industry wonders why they can't produce effective new drugs instead of "me-too's" over the last 20 years and costs in R&D are spiraling out of control?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who uses the term "higher ups" doesn't have an IQ over 85. And GSK won't be able to retain many since we are now losing over $350 M per year.

Vas was saved by his asociation with McKinsey and he saved Niru. This pattern, Vas / McKinsey and Niru have been apprent from the beginning, to anyone with an IQ more than 85.

Did he save you by getting you a job that could be successfully accomplished by a High Level Down's Syndrome child?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The departures are really ramping up these days. Learned of a few more today. Will be a ghost town by October 01! They should do themselves a favor and close this thing as soon as possible.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Departures from Cambridge?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like it. But, one of the posters from a few days ago made an excellent point and I completely agree and have seen this myself. The poster said the following:

"The issue here is that the bulk of the people leaving, are jumping to contractor roles or towards positions that are either high-turnover prone or in some cases positions that anyone with a brain knows will be obsolete in 3-5 years....will undoubtedly be back on the job market again by the second half of 2015...The ones I know leaving recently are jumping at the easiest thing they can grab for the ego-boost after a few months of failure of trying to snag a good solid job."

Anyone can leave quickly when they are going for the 6 month contractor roles or going to work for Inventiv or Randstad or PRA that are LOADED in the job market in Cambridge. That post also was 100% correct in saying, keep trying for the solid growth job, as those walk-in contractor roles will still be there when they eventually give out the pink slips. Its not a race. Be smart people. You have at least more than a few months left (likely 3-4 months at minimum) before you need to start worrying.

If you are still looking by Christmas or the New Year, then, go call a recruiter, have a phone interview, 1 face-to-face that takes an hour and get the offer the next day - that is exactly what most leaving now are doing. They will all be looking again come Feb. 2015 or sometime next summer if they survive to the first extension.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the sales and marketing types who are leaving to make believe companies with make believe future vaccines run by make believe CEOs who used to run marketing here with his numbers that were so make believe he had to leave to this other make believe place.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that the person who wrote the original post is on the EC and was hoping a little flattery might help them during the transition.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

> 340,000 posts will get you somewhere. I heard the entire communications dept is moving to ........Cafe Pharma!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Approaching 400,000 reads. Send in your mailing addresses now for the 400k GSK NVS Vaccine Super Cup!

CP Management

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any new resignations announced today?? Given that it's Friday, figure official notice periods would begin on Monday.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me, I gave notice a month ago but when I did AO authorized a one time retention for me to stay until 1 Oct. I heard that they are doing that for many.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This does not make any sense at all. What are you referring to exactly? Are you gone or are you here until 1 Oct?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This makes no sense. The retention payments are in stock and vest later, so how did you get a retention bonus to stay only 3 months!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assuming that this is true, it makes a lot of sense, especially considering the latest grapevine chat around this thing being a done deal in October and not next year as the company line BS would have you believe. I never really bought into the idea that closing this thing would take take a year or so. Deal was announced in April. It's six months tops to lock this down with the two parties and any govmt reviews. Guess what? Six months from April is October. My money says this deal is done by Halloween. Spooky, I know!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-organ

Word has it that once both parties looked at the post Diagnostics / Aquisition announcement realities of Vaccines they agreed to complete the closing as quickly as possible. Since we are literally bleeding cash without Diagnoatics Novartis wants us off their hands as quickly as possible. After all, they just paid GSK $1.5 B to take us. GSK took a good look at what they bought, is seeing the mass exodus and needs to hey ahold of us so that they can save the après of Vaccines that they want and get rid of the rest. That is the only way that they can preserve what is left of the deal that they got.

This is all proving that, once again, what the (Un)Holly Trinity of AO, RR AND VM, who Novartis Basil, depended upon for information about what Vacccines was really like and how we would react, were completely wrong. Complete buffoonery.

The leadership within GSK must be sultaneously laughing their asses off while hustling to keep this from turning into as big of a mess for them as it was for Novartis.

If you want a little extra $s before you hit the street it sounds like this the time to queue up in front of AO's office. The window of oppportunity is closing.