Andy Porto

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is Andy doing leading the Derm sales force? Heard thru grapevine he was struggling? I used to work with him. Not a bad guy, just think he could be in over his head?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a home office perspective yes he is over his head. He has trouble working with teams, not timely with feedback or decisions, not strategic, at times bluffs his answers, continues to rely and trust only galderma buddies who are clueless when it comes to this market place, does not give recognition for our efforts, has no presssence and not viewed as a leader.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is obvious you are looking for a reaction with this type of post and you probably work with Mr. Clean in some type of capacity. I will humor you. Mr. Clean is not a bad guy, has a great sense of humor, wants people to like him, would be great at a party and would make a great friend. Unfortunately I'm not looking for a buddy. The demands and decisions that need to be made in home office are over his head. Mr. Clean should know that some of his Galderma buddies are the ones talking behind his back and they have sparked some of these posts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Porto is an idiot, however, don't blame him as Novartis hired him and in turn empowered him to make decisions that impact the entire management team since he hired all his former associates. He certainly did not give a rat's ass to any internal talent. Novartis hired him and then HR allowed him to hire a crew of people that are new to Novartis. HR- you are so clueless! NONE of them know anything about the biologic market. I could see going outside to get that type of experience, however that was not the case. Andy Porto- you are a joke and so are your managers- Everyone can see through your fake bullshit- So stand up on stage and know the rest of the company is laughing their collective asses off- You have no creditability:)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And for Gods sake review the Novartis alcohol policies regarding behavior at work functions with your ABL team.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems the strategy at Novartis is to go outside for talent, instead of promoting from within. This was done in MS, Oncology, Dermatology and also CV now. This company will never learn!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wouldn't matter who you put in that position, we own the PBMS - Humira will stay in the preferred position and you will be used after a prior auth, and after failure of TWO preferred biologics (Humira first and then Enbrel). So you can have some scraps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no you didn't.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On behalf of all women at Novartis we are sorry for this poor representation.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happened to Porto?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Say what you want. But at his level I think his main job is to create a culture that inspires people. He doesn't have to come up with sales strategies, marketing messages, obtain formulary coverage etc. The people under him do that. He has created a great culture in this division- much different than anywhere else in the company. Ask the cardio folks how happy they are and how micro managed they feel.

Not sure where he went but he setup this division with a great culture and good leaders. We continue to bring home the results so I hope everything continues on how he left it!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awesome bait to start trashing him. LMAO!!!!!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great culture? Inspiring? You must be one of his friends that he got promoted from Galderma. Those are the only ones who seem to be happy although maybe not as much anymore after seeing who took his place and how she got the job. How does VB not see all of this?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And it's the former Galderma folks who make the jokes and tell the stories about the inappropriate relationship that led to the promotion. That's just the plain fact. Actual quotes:

"They are both adults what they do is their business"

"It pays to swallow"

"I can't believe AP did this"

"I can't stand working for MT she is clueless"

"She must be magical in bed"

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

VB does not care about anything but his next promotion. He will be gone in less then 2. And take his bro with him. This brand is a joke and having it on our CV is kiss of death!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last of bad Cosentyx launch out. Turn the lights out now.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know how anyone could complain about the culture. Stock grants, high base, decent bonus, field averages about 3 calls a day, little pressure. Much better than Cardio.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How can this be true? How do you go from abl to vp? Is this real or a joke? I know people that developed for years and can't even get interviewed, how is she qualified i call Bullshitt

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We at UCB would like to thank you for this gift… but it was not our birthday and we’re wondering if you kept the receipt?