Forcing us to pay for a company car is wrong

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should not be forced to pay a fee each month for a company vehicle if we only use the car for work related miles. We all do our administrative work from our home (reports, print, emails, etc). We technically have a home office and if the company denies that then our only job is to physically stand in physician offices. Perhaps we should ignore the other responsibilities including planning and data analysis. Eliminate email accounts because we can't read emails in front of doctors - right?

Food for thought.
    https://www.mileiq.com/driving-tax-deductions

What if You Have a Home Office?

One way to avoid the harsh commuting rule is to have a home office that qualifies as your principal place of business. In this event, you can deduct the cost of any trips you make from your home office to another business location. For example, you can deduct the cost of driving from home to your outside office, a client’s office, or to attend a business-related seminar. The commuting rule doesn’t apply if you work at home because, with a home office, you never commute to work (you’re there already).

Your home office will qualify as your principal place of business
 if it is the place where you earn most of your income OR perform the administrative or management tasks for your practice. If your home office qualifies as your principal place of business, you can vastly increase your deductions for business trips.

Example: Kim (from the above example) maintains a home office where she does the administrative work for her business; she also has an outside office where she does her other work. She can deduct all her business trips from her home office, including the 20-mile daily trip to her outside office. Thanks to her home office, she can now deduct 100 miles per week as a business trip expense, all of which was a nondeductible commuting expense before she established her home office.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a pussy. Best deal we have going is the company car, even with them nickel and diming us. STFU and move along.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it a good deal if you don't use the car for anything personal?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have yet to find anyone who never uses the company car for anything personal. Never picks up the kids, never picks up groceries, never drives to the post office. I challenge anyone who makes that claim to go to the company and demand a dispensation for themselves, then see what the result is. I can not believe what a whiner you are.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, you're a jackass…the "fee" the company is charging you is tax because the federal government recognizes, as does poster #4, that physically having the car in your driveway brings inherent value. If you put half as much thought into driving business in your territory as you do on how to scam the system NVS wouldn't be in the sorry state it's in.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have two personal cars. I ONLY sit behind the wheel of the company car to visit offices and then it is parked in my driveway. It has no value to me outside of work. I don't run errands. I married someone and she "works" out of the home. She does the laundry, picks up the dry leaning, picks up our kids, and buy the groceries. I don't do that stuff during the work day - that's why this coumpany sucks. Do your job and work a full day bi atches. Better yet...stay home where you belong and take care of your man. Because you don't is why he has a girlfriend on the side you arent aware of.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then quit if you are so taken advantage of. There are plenty of people standing in line who need a job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP- I worked for Uncle No. for 14 years, and have been fortunate enough to have had company cars for almost 20. I'm now self employed and had to buy my own car, pay for insurance, gas, repairs, and tires. Quit your belly-aching about the IRS fee for taxes on personal miles, wake up and realize what a great benefit you have.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IRS taxes for personal miles? What miles? I don't use it for personal anything.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an IRS requirement. If you choose to only drive the company car for business, that is a choice you are making. Personally I drive the company car everywhere since I am paying for it's use.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what an idiot. every pharma company pays a fee for cars. if you have two personal cars then sell one dope. If you think this company sucks then quit. Then you can use either personal car all you want.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Count you blessings and be happy you don't live in NYC and have to pay extra to park the little faulker.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are not using your company car for personal use you are an idiot! They are charging you a fee whether you drive it 1 mile or 5000 miles a month. We use ours for damn near everything. They pay for gas, ins, maint., etc...

If you are to vain to be seen in a company car vs your (insert nice car here), then you again are just an idiot or you like throwing money away ( which would classify you as .... You guessed it... An Idiot)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, Please park the company car ,, drive your car around for next 2 months, paying for your own gas, maintenance etc...then come back and tell us about the raw deal a company car is.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Another spoiled brat. Wait til he's on the unemployment line and pays for his car and gas. Never mind, mommy and daddy will take care of it.

Grow up you little turd.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be a nice gesture to at least reduce the fee....it was jacked up over the last 5 years due to high gas prices, with gas down, why not give us a break?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...or more and better car options.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please end this thread now - can't bear any more whining from clueless, spoiled brats who clearly can't recognize the benefit for what it is. What's up next - boo-hooing about their expensive employer sponsored healthcare.........