GSK Vaccines told to remember the word Acquisition

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK sales force was told to remember the word acquisition (GSK acquiring Novartis Vaccines) when the topic of layoffs were discussed. It seems to imply that most cuts will be from Novartis side (without that actually being said). Deb Waterhouse said that they will not be taking all of GSK employees and all of Novartis employees because it's not necessary, but we will have a bigger organization. The size of the vaccine sales force will depend on the ACIP recommendation on Bexzero.

Looks like Novartis Vaccines need to be looking for jobs. Probably a blessing in disguise though because Patient First is the worst torture you can go through.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can verify that!!! I used to work for GSK and left because of patient first. What a ridiculous compensation plan. Mostly based on test taking and memorizing a PI.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just spoke to a friend at GSK, looks like Novartis needs to be looking hard.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not as if we have any success in sales to stand on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

be honest, what could you have possibly sold that which the patients needed?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true and we all got paid anyway and others made millions and others got promoted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the truest statement made characterizing this place since it was started 10 years ago.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Each shade of blue
    Is kept in our eyes
    Keep blowing and lightning
    Because we own the sky

Secrets from the winds
    Burnt stars crying

Soft, soft or cruel
    Can't we change our minds?
    We kill what we build
    Because we own the sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlMa5Wx8-eY

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Field Sales force is looking hard after the bombshell was dropped during the town hall meeting - Message was clear - majority will be laid off.
    There are a number of openings within the other divisions of the company but Field Force are not allowed to apply and interview for these positions.
    Just shows how much people are valued by Senior Management - my guess that their golden parachute is tied up to ensure that the business is solid prior to the hand off.
    I wonder how they can sleep at night as a number of people are sole breadwinners and have families to support - it's all about the money eh!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is VN now? He got his.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a company wide message within GSK vaccines, not just sales. Development will not allow departmental town halls for that reason alone, unlike sales. The smart ones have left or are leaving now. Long term employment is smarter than waiting a couple grand payout and then equally being unemployed for the same period of when that money would have been made ...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tit for tat....I heard the same smirky reply from Novartis in regards to Oncology reps "remember We are aquiring them" why doesnt the senior leadership just offer buyouts to any rep over 55 and watch us RUN to the door then everyone else keeps a job WHEN will they ever learn?