Aptiom - The Turd in Sheeps Clothing

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have yet to hear a logical explanation as to how this product is going to sell. It is immediate release Oxcarb an there is already one on the market called Trileptal. There is also an actual extended release once a day Oxcarb called Oxtellar XR. Aptiom is Not superior in anyway to either product. Please please tell me how you will sell this turd?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a "new chemical entity". Lol

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn you! I thought at first glance that this was the announcement to this year annual turd contest! Does anyone know when and where this takes place. Serious responses only please!

Snotty

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay Jackie French enough and she will call it whatever we like.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aptiom is derived pig vomit.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This Pig was dead on arrival....

Patent expires June 2016
    Exclusivity expires Nov 8, 2018

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/ob/docs/patexclnew.cfm?Appl_No=022416&Product_No=001&table1=OB_Rx

Better start selling this turd-of-a-product quick before is stops steaming and generics wipe their a$$ with it in 4 years after exclusivity expires in 2018

Peak revenue forecasts for the US and Canadian Market continue to be in the $100-140 million range and the Portuguese company which launched this product in 2009 in Europe has never cleared more than $41 million according to IMS...it's officially a Pig on the end of a stinky turd log

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Didn't realize the LOE was so short. Got the call from a recruiter early on, glad I chose not to pursue this and stayed put. Although, I think they'll get an extra year or 2 extension for monotherapy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The turd contest already ended at the AZ training meeting. Bunch of old, has beens, passed over, job hoppin turds who couldn't sell water in the desert. What a pathetic group especially the managers. Su NO vion.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesnt that pretty much describe the whole company? It's a refridgerator full of last weeks left overs. No body wants them and the are starting to smell bad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the newbies on the board, in case you did not know:

Aptiom, aka Stedesa, was purchased by Sepracor (now Sunovion) as window dressing by AA and his crew to show something in the pipeline so that the BOD could get a better price for the company. Sepracor paid a whopping $75 million to Bial. Now ask yourself, if this product had the potential to be a blockbuster, would Bial sell for that amount? In comparison, Sepracor paid $450 million for ciclesonide, aka Omnaris and Alvesco.

Originally planned for launch in 2010, the FDA gave Sepracor a Complete Response Letter. New studies had to be conducted, among other things. That took 3 years of valuable marketing time. That is why the patent life is so short.

The highest estimates at the time were for peak annual sales of $200 million.

I won't be around to see it, but 2018 will see Latuda, Brovana, and Aptiom losing patent exclusivity. That is why the major push for Oncology. Take a look at the pipeline folks, the cupboard is bare. As each product loses patent protection, you will lose your jobs, if the current trend holds here. New products will get new, experienced reps. The company knows to attract the talent, they must compensate well. They will only have to pay them for a few years, and then show them the door. If I were young and looking for a career, it would not be here. If I just wanted to make good money for a few years??????

You can google and verify to see all that I have said is true. Maybe that's why they don't want us for long--we know where the skeletons are buried. We have heard the lies before. Now if I can just hold on till 2016..................

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post. A true statement of facts, followed by a wise editorial comment. Not to mention the fact that oncology is not an option for any of us - that's why they kept BBM as a separate entity with a distinct commercial organization. We all need to map out a clear 5 year plan for our careers.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make that a two year plan, cut in 16 for 18 LOEs, if we're not spun off in spare parts earlier

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a joke, mentioning Sunovion & oncology in one sentence? Heck, if our Onc pipeline had any promise there would be no less than 10 big pharma companies banging at our door with CASH. And all this hype of working here for a few short years to make some dough. We are all done by the end of this year, that is a fact.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why on earth would you say this? Jeez, get some help. Clearly, you are resentful over not getting a job here, while most of your UCB co-workers did. Sorry, but please move on.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet I know who you are!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen.......is this poster RR????

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work here so I couldn't even begin to guess who RR is. But honestly, who cares? Why don't you try and address the points the poster made in their intelligent post? Agree? Disagree? 90% of the posts on this site are worthless garbage filled with vulgarities, lies, and insults. It's nice to see someone post something that's articulate and thought provoking. So again who cares who the poster is? What's important is the points they were making. Okay I'll step off the soapbox....enough said.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey soap box dude chill a pill, I'm the guy that said its over well before 2016, your hero poster was actually being kind in his/her analysis.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't work here (actually does work here) then why the interest?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why the obsession?