Biogen vs. Genzyme vs. Abbvie

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fellow MSBU Colleagues,

I am gonna leave this cesspool called MSBU. I alreay have an offer on table from Biogen and know the Directors at both Abbvie and Genzyme. This means most likely I will get offers from them too. What are your thoughts on which is best opportunity?

#1 Biogen - Base 125K, Bonus 36K - Cons are small territory and POD system
    #2 Genzyme - Base ?, Bonus 34K - Cons it's Aubagio a crappy drug.
    #3 Abbvie - Base 120K, Bonus 35K - Selling HCV, Cons it's a new Therapeutic Area

Okay give me pros and cons for each and which opportunity you feel it's best.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbVie. Switch industries bud. MS is too crowded

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would pick Abbvie as well. Biogen is a good company, but a pod system spells layoffs somewhere down the line and who wants to sell a subpar drug for Genzyme.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbVie all the way! They offer annual profit sharing in addition to your bonus. So am extra 20k per year. I agree with post 2. Once Genentech launches Icrelizumab it's game over for Tecfidera let alone Gilenya. Of course Dagmar will never admit it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd go with Genzyme. Crappiest DMT in Aubagio but their bases start at 130k and know of some offers in 145k base range. Bonus is crap at 34k but you more than make up for it on bonus and oh yeah NO PCP METRICS like MSBU. One call per day or ten, they do not care as long as you get business! You are treated like an adult!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd go with AbbVie. They are very solid and that therapeutic area is so much better than MS

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No brainer go to AbbVie if you want to stay in industry. But best to leave industry altogether.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would pick Abbvie. Besure to tell your ABL to shove the PCP culture up his/her ass on your way out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah. Go to abbvie. Where half of the hepC team there already left in under a year. Good advice morons.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to any company, even McDonalds, because Novartis is not the place to be.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a competitor and am hoping to get an offer with Genzyme. im not sure how Many reps make target bonus with Genzyme. I'm wondering what are your thoughts on selling Lemtrada? Will Oremcluzimab or daclizumab be a threat to Lemtrada? Biogen has a good pipeline but those pods and small territories turn me off. Genzyme is a risk with both of their drugs. Anbvie is micromanagement all the way. I don't know what to say.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Byogen make you sign a non compete?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Byogen? no sure

Biogen - yes

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only half? we lost more than that in the first year.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would first learn your MS market before trying out for the big leagues you Primary Care simpleton! It's OCRELIZUMAB! That is how you spell it and it's Biogen not Byogen! Also it will be Genentech launching this! Go deliver some donuts and get that signature you simple minded PC Rep wannabe MS Rep

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like you are giving advice to 50% of the Gilenya sales force

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen you idiot, MS market long timers call the company buyogen. But i see you big pharma guys are uptight. My KOLs are excited over Daclizumab.
    I was hoping to get real thoughts on here but I will stick to the KOLs who know best. You guys are miserable bitching and moaning.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the SIMPLETON! Daclizumab is an ABBVIE drug you moron! Not Buyogen! Or Biogen or whatever you call it. You are the nimrod that was hired on from Primary Care. It is hires like you, with zero MS experience, that is making all of us look bad!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's being co-developed by Abbvie and Biogen. You need to go and play with yourself to calm down. Guess Novartis is driving you crazy. Google it.