Derm Division Updates?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jun 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even as access falls.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry its better....
    data better
    delivery better
    field force way better
    company better

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Settle down? FU! NVS has no idea what it is doing and when you hire a sales force that has no biologic experience and the CIA in place- I am laughing now and will be laughing my ass off as this whole force tanks.

But so what, all of you externals will go back out and get another job in 24 months, now that you have biologic on your resume!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

data…yes for efficacy…no where close for safety…no for convenience of monitoring
    deliver…um, no…vs other biologics maybe but vs tofacitinib or apremilast simply no
    field force way better…remains to be seen but at the end of the day crippled by big pharma
    company better…vs PFE perhaps…vs CELG No way…go look at the stocks the last 20 years or look at any survey in oncology or inflammation and no, no, no

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Derm div and product will be as ugly as the ms div in 2 years

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm set to come over from Galderma later this month. Looking forward to it.

I interviewed with NVS, LLY and CELG.

I thought LLY was flat out dysfunctional. Product looks good but their culture is toxic.

I thought CELG had the best culture but my sense was that their oncology product sell themselves and as a result they haven't developed the infrastructure to support Otezla which will sell itself with safety but will be hard to get distributed. I'm just not sure they have distribution in place.

I though NVS was a mix between the two. NVS has the massive bureaucracy needed to support distribution and ensure PBM access but they have the big pharma activity culture embedded too deep to be nimble. This was the safe, middle of the road play.

If I was a younger man, with more tolerance for risk, CELG might have made me a fortune. But, I have kids and can't take that much risk.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the fact that 5 managers and head of sales came from Galderma had nothing to do with it?? LMFAO!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, it helped that I know people, but at the end of the day I came because Galderma is falling apart and CELG was too much risk. As I said, this is a perfect fit. As long as I do all the activity roles, I can do my thing and make $20K a year in bonus. I won't stick out either way and no one will notice me. LLY was gung-ho about making the first 100 days of a launch and it today's world, nothing happens the first hundred days. Their culture is stuck in 1985. CELG has a fine drug but their management thinks it can sell $2billion. No chance given Enbrel and Humira's lockdown on PBM rebates. Again, this was the vanilla option.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may be onto something. I have been a rep for nearly 30 years I was also a patient in the clinical trial. I know how well this drug works. I was sent an email I would not be considered for the job.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more. I could have written this as well.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also interviewed with Celgene. Seemed like a great place. I really thought the manager was squared away and I could have seen myself doing well on his team. In the end, I backed out of the offer because I have worked for my manager here. Wish I would have told them earlier, but that's how it goes.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are all the offers out?

With an August 25 start date, this would seem to be the time where the books would be closed on further interviews.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It only takes 30 seconds.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like 10 seconds

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rut row - AdComm scheduled for 4th week of October - we getting delayed 12 months?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not true - my DM told me six months

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I met Troy and I agree he is now in the mt. Rushmore of idiots at Novartis. What were we thinking. The sad thing is that he thinks he is the best ever and anyone internal is an idiot. I had to see it for myself and the postings are accurate.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you expect? Heard VP of sales hired all of his Galderma buddies for the manager positions.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But I didn't think he would hire the village idiot