Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree, very tough loss in GMO.

I and a few others have been on the fence in GMO whether to stay or look to leave. I can only speak for myself, but I am not going to stick around if I get an offer soon. I have bills to pay and decisions to be made soon personally. I cannot stand around and wait and wonder any longer with the uncertainty. I think the others I mentioned feel the same way. With this resignation it is making us re-ask the question of "wait, why again am I riding this out??" The only ones staying on till the end without question are those that have 8+ years and are married with another income coming in for their family.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not as if GSK will keep DEV on for their contributions to the business.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess that means his departure will signal that the closing is within a few weeks?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't the leadership's retention bonus have a clause about minimum attrition?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, keep it classy. We are all in this together.

The view from the field is pretty grim. When we talk privately it's like a suicide prevention group interdiction.

Doesn't sound like the home offices in CAM or NJ are much better.

What is the good news?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thinks that is the argument why flu can't be broken up. HS without the UK is a black hole. Why would Novartis give away the cash cow and leave itself only the cow patty?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think this thing is fully baked by the end of October. If for some reason it goes into November, then there is an unforeseen hiccup that popped up along the way. Otherwise, it's treats for some and tricks for most of us. If you have any chance to get out of here and it's a reasonable offer, you're a damn fool if you don't take it. The RR news - I think it should hit around first of October if not before. If you think it's miserable now, just wait until that news drops.

And to the poster asking if it was MD who resigned, the answer is no. MD is still leading the way and taking over for her departing troops. Pretty soon it will be so thin that everyone will just report directly into her.

Go Pats!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new ground breaking business structure EC, VPs then ......Gobal Heads of really important shit

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone below the Heads and Directors get outsourced to RPS in GMO. We take the largest segment of people who show up to work and get the job done instead of sitting in meetings all day, and we thank them by putting them in demoralizing underpaid roles with the 3rd party with zero security and expect them to stay till the bitter end. If a few of upper management starts to drop, they will all be jumping ship next and all these Heads will soon get stuck with no one to do the work.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny thing is that they are having difficulty filling vacancies even through RPS. People aren't stupid. If I were being pursued to come to work here in this environment for the very short time that is left, it would cost them a fortune.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry. Its almost over. When you see RR heading for the exit you can start holding your breath as it won't take long.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RR will never leave. I do hope this deal closes soon and I can get laid off so I can collect my package. We are all going crazy pretending to work while we wait this out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't happen soon enough!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not hope for it, ...it may take much longer than you think. If you want to be out as soon as possible, ensure that you will be listed to the franchises that can be given to GSK or just resign. If you are currently in the flu business... it may happen that you have to suffer (seriously!) and wait another 12-15 months until to the point in time you wish to happen soon.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what's the deal with flu then? Somewhere along the way, I was led to believe that there would be an announcement in the Aug/Sept timeframe.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flu will remain part of Novartis until it goes to GSK.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought it was not going to GSK but staying with Novartis now?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct until they get an offer they like. There have been offers, but nothing they like or want to take a plunge on...yet. Nothing holding up the dumping of flu other than pride and ego. No one wants HS and Novartis can't shut it down without eventual retribution from government agencies, though it's looking more and more likely novartis will have to bite the bullet and shut it down.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will demonstrate that Novartis did everything to turn things around at HS and also made every effort to find a suitable buyer and failed, at that point the government will let them pull the plug.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why then not considering to separate the cell culture based and the egg-based manufacturing and try to sell it in two deals. At least for the Liverpool-Site NVS would get attractive offers, since this site is comparably profitable.