Welcome to the Sepracor board

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by cafead, May 28, 2003 at 5:12 PM.

1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the Sepracor company board. Anyone is welcome to post here, whether they are an employee of the company or not. You may post anonymously without registering (registered users please logout before posting if you wish to do so), or with a registered username.

Managers and reps are encouraged to communicate with fellow employees here. If you are interested, we can also provide you with a private, password-protected board for your pod, district, etc. Just email webmaster@cafepharma.com for the details.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone researched this company yet? I just recieved a call about an opening in my area with Sepracor. Getting away from big pharma is pretty tempting for me. I'd love to touch base with any current Sepracor reps. BTW - how does one pronounce Xopenex anyway? Is it "Expoenicks?" Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ZO (like "toe") - PEN - EX

Can't help you much w/ Sepracor except a friend went to work there and likes it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I co-promote Xopenex with Sepacor and it's pronounced with ZO sound. The drug is great but the company is unorganized and unstable. I would really consider other options if you want to go small pharma. Dermik is a great company ... give them a ring.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you co-promote with Sepracor then you must work for Medpointe or Ross which niether is a real pharma company!! Medpointe tries to recruit Sepracor reps for more money than their own and Ross drops Simliac samples and can't sell their way out of a drug closet!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey I got am email froma recruiter today...I am interested in what kind of pay they really can give for 5+year rep....Anyone really know....no idiots trying just bash companies please

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked with Sepracor a couple of years back was with them during the Soltara failure. Earnings expectations can be good if they like you they will probally offer you about 10% more than you are making now, commissions can be spotty I made 16K on one trimester selling Xopenex and them made about that for the entire year the next. Sepracor can me a very fical company and is very much a "Guys club" if they like you your promoted if they hate you they make your life difficult

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm flying to an interview friday 23Apr. Have talked with a buddy there. He was ready to leave a few months back. He's pretty fired up about the company now though. The new drug approval for Estera seems to draw lots of attention. Stocks went up by $20+ per share on the news of the approval. There are concerns though. Morningstar gives an A rating for growth, and a D & F for profitability and financial health. 2003 looked much better than 2002, and they have only been in sales for a few years. It could be a good gamble if the drug takes off. I'd like to learn more about the company management.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually the drug is called Estorra. We just had to resubmit some stuff to the FDA to get the drug approved to sell. At this poitn everything is on hold and we most liekly will not be going to market with the drug until Jan 2005. Our goal is to keep delaying the launch in hopes that Pfizer beats us to the punch.

The truth...there are better companies out there, but there are also worse companies. It will be what you make it. You go out and work your territory you can make commission...the following year your commissions will be less...then they will grow again.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like any frickin pharma job your boss makes or breaks ya... i am enjoying sepracor since i left the Nazi's called Pfizer... they really let you work your territory the way you want! ... however the operational systems SUCK! but the potential is there they have 50/50 odds of kicking ass in my opinon

12. 0912

0912 Guest

great move. it's pronounced zo-pe-nex.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although the company can be disorganized recently, it is a good place to work. Like any company, your manager is everything. I am enjoying it and make good money.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sepracor should change it's name to the "Billionaire Boys Club". My colleagues are great but management bites. People are promoted here who should have been fired but...if the VPs or CEO like you and your a golfer, your in! <font color="orange"> </font>

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waiting for an offer to work at Sepracor, would like to hear from other Speracor, what is corporate culture, are commissions as realistic as they say, is drug available in pharmacies, what is evaluation process like for promotion, is there upward mobility???

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the hiring manager for the Durham, raleigh, Chapel Hill,NC area?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mynuts

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope people in this company know there are two lunesta reps in the Takeda link/ They are making your compny look like crap in the way they speak and represent themselves1 Nice people you guys hire

19. veteran777

veteran777 Guest

Big pharma is here! hiring 450 more reps, why? Share of voice is not the problem as big pharma has discovered. Try getting Lunesta on a couple formularies and the market share would go up. Upper management would rather add salespeople to make them more important. They will need to hire a lot more than 450 people as the exodus begins in 2006. Sepracor has been good to me, but with my current manager (he doesn't want to promote anyone performing well as it will hurt his numbers) and this likely being the last year of this kind of pay, it's time to find a smaller company to help take off. Manager aside, at least I have my 4000 shares of stock that I bought through ESPP and the options they gave me. It was a good risk 4 years ago to leave big pharma and come to Sepracor.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Peace.