The Emperor Has No Clothes

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please end this charade.

For Q1 and Q2 there are many territories that finished with single digit scripts. For Q2 it was about 18 territories. Do we really need reps in territories that generate 0-9 scripts in 12 weeks?

The biggest prescribers seem to be the paid speakers or clinical trial investigators.

In most territories there are approximately only 2 or 3 writers out of target lists of 50-75 physicians. The other physicians have no intention of prescribing and we visit them weekly or bi-weekly. Those physicians must really look forward to our visits.

Fycompa has approximately 50 reps nationwide. Oxtellat has a few more. We have 118.

Need to realign areas to those with epilepsy centers, or the few doctors who prescribe.

The emperor wears no clothes.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. It's just a matter of time. Aptiom is bleeding money with the big marketing team and all the reps. Japan will soon end this outrageous hemorage of cash. 45 reps only calling on epileptologists and cut the worthless marketing team down. Does anyone use the useless bs they spill out to us? Can't see close to 75% of my docs and they all say why would I use a drug that has the same three metabolites of a generic product that is 26 cents a day? Monotherapy will do nothing but at least the hope of a change when we get it is keeping us employed for now. Riding this for as long as I can. See you all on the otherside.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fycompa has 90 reps and are planning an expansion
    Oxtellar has 150 reps
    Vimpat has 240 reps

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong! FYCOMPA has 42 reps, Oxtellar has 51 and Vimpat has 132. I don't know where you get your information but I've been working as a rep in this drug class for many years and have close friends at all of those companies and as you can see your numbers are way off. Just keeping in real. The original poster about culling the Aptiom sales team seems to be right, unfortunately. There is no way Japan will allow a continued spend on a sales team that can not achieve the sales goal (even if it was set way too high to begin with). Look at the history of this company. Sales forces are chopped on a whim. I heard they let their respiratory team go two weeks before Christmas a few years back. Then not much longer after that they chopped the Lunesta team and then only 8 months later they got rid of the entire Zetanna team and stopped actively promoting Zetanna. I'm afraid our days are numbered.

I plan an just relaxing and enjoying my life. I can't control the things I can't control. I too have a majority of my physicians that will not even see me when they hear I have Aptiom. At least at UCB they viewed Vimpat as unique and new and would see me and try the product. I'm happy to have been brought over with a much higher base than what I made at UCB. That at least helps with not making bonus. It's kind of a demotivator as the big base compared to what I was making is just fine. No incentive to chase numbers that are unattainable anyway. Am I right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you and the poster who brought up downsizing are on to something. Unfortunately, I may be one of those downsized, but I can not argue the need for some cuts. In my case, I had no idea how difficult it would be to get in with so many of the neuro's. I mean I've got an average daily call rate of like 2.5 (actually a little less) per day and that's "fudging" a bit. Others are also having huge access problems in many areas too. I have a fairly urban territory and two of us call on the city and we only really need one. If we got rid of one of us my call rate would be more like 5 or 6 a day. I know this is also the case in many other territories. I think maybe FYCOMPA and the other co's were smart to only have 40 to 50 reps promoting a drug in this class. I can't argue with the logic for cuts. I just hope I'm not one of the ones cut.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't sweat it Chico. Marketing will soon be sending you Deer pellets to sprinkle in the lobbies of your coveted Neuro Docs. You will walk in, pull out the smelly pellets, then toss them in the air like confetti and Yell...Aptiom Baby!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey racist fuck, what do you think the future of Sepracor was if the "Japs" didn't show up? We had Lunesta and XOP, do you think any other company would have bought this piece of shit? Dumb ass.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Yaps will soon bring back the ant eater sales technique.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF, Rusty Thomas quits. When the Director of Sales Ops quits it is time to turn out the lights.
    The person who has the greatest access to sales info sees no future. Rick Russell sayonara. This patient named APTIOM is on life support.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes sir. Many Aptiom reps are quitting. Not getting paid bonus is the least of the reason why. We've seen one of our national sales directors leave and many in Aptiom marketing hit the road too. Now 8 months post launch we can see there is no need for this product and that's why it will never ever do more than like $40 million in sales. Lordy none of us can get our docs to write it. Unless you have a big writer that did the studies you are screwed. and by the way, Forget the monotherapy indication. That will not save this product. Most of us have an inside joke that when we get together and see how little utilization there is and we start getting really worried about being cut we joke "At least they'll keep us until the monotherapy indication comes" all of us knowing full well that will not change a thing. Doc's already using it mono just like all the others that don't have the indication.

We all do kind of laugh when the mono therapy is brought up like it will be the savior. I think all it is is just marketing buying time from the Japanese with that BS line while they try hard to find another job cuz they know we will all be gone when everyone see's the mono therapy indication does nothing for the trend line after we get the indication. We are toast! So sit back and don't bust your butt while we enjoy the slow death spiral.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very inspiring! Shocking to hear that sales are down with top shelf reps like the one above!
    BG

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, really, did he leave already?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree the sales force should have been smaller. Overall, a crappy, disappointing product. Uhg.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things you can not control

DSP selling Sunovion
    Sunovion laying you off
    Downsizing
    PIP for sales numbers
    Access to prescribers
    Managed care
    Physician disinterest

Things you can control

Your career
    Finding a good opportunity
    Leaving on your terms
    Focus on your career and agenda. I can assure you that Sunovion is focused on theirs

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the best and most accurate posts I have read in a long time. Take control of your destiny and Play To Win for yourself and your family. As the poster says Sunovion will do just that without regard to you and yours. Care for our people? REALLY?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is done folks prepare for the worst leverage what you can now

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This could be one of the best posts I've ever read on CP and it is quite topical for me as an aptiom rep. The plan was botched from day one and the launch goal was impossible. Getting little to no bonus was a slap in the face and it has become very clear that this product is horrible. I should have known that when it has been out for 5 years in Europe and has not broken .05% market share in a single European country after being out for 5 years. That should have told us something. Why in the world would anyone think it would do any differently in the USA? I don't think they'll lay us off before Christmas. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the year and spend a lot of time with my family and looking for a new job. I'm done trying to sell this generic retread product. It failed to launch because it is not a good drug and we have no science behind it. The flimsy data we do have my doc's can see right through. Last line only when everything else has failed. It's a Carb people. Hello?!? The end is near and that's fine with me.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone one selling Aptiom needs to start looking and save their money now. The days of the decent severance package are gone. Look at what they are doing to the Brovana reps. Notifying a few at a time rather than in mass. Then told they are not allowed to talk to anyone....colleagues, Drs, etc or they will lose their $. terminated day of notification, don't drive company car as of that day. They aren't done with Brovana either. People need to know this shit is happening. No more 14 weeks pay, 2 week payout before termination, employment assistance services, extended ins coverage. Pay attention!! If you are not selling Latuda, you are f'd.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um tell us somethingwedon't know Einstein. There is no way Japan will continue to allow BG and BS to pay me six figures a year when I can only get 14 Rx's a month in my territory. Heck, even if I could get 140 per month that would not pay my salary. This class is fairly open and even in ST or PA situations, if the doc believes in the product they will get the PA or deal with a step. The real problem with this drug is our science is horrible. Doc's are not stupid and see right through our truth stretching. I had my MSL our to a big writer and KOL target and she was reamed a new one by the doc. Was told we should have never came out with the product. He also asked her why after over 4 years Aptiom has failed to launch in all the European countries. Now he must have been getting counterdetailed by the competition, but the question was valid because it is the truth. Why would we spend the money to bring this dog out in the US when it has failed 9 time and for multiple years in 9 different European countries? It not us reps, its the crappiness of the drug!! I should have never left my previous job to come here and get like $12 k more in base and make horrible bonus and I'm in the top 20%!! Come on. This will be over soon. Many already quitting and most seriously looking. You got to pay out bonus and realize you completely botched the plan for this. Just reduce the goal by 55% and pay us our bonus. If not, there won't be many of us left to downsize.